cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

how to recall an email

jasper49
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

Hi - I have sent an email in error - but cannot find instructions on how to reecall it? How do I recall an email I have sent please?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

If this is TalkTalk Mail there is no option to recall a wrongly sent mail message. Similarly in Yahoo Mail there's no option to recall.

Gmail gives you 30 seconds to recall a wrongly sent mail message and some email apps allow a similar short period for recall. So you have to act promptly.

Business mail systems usually have a recall ability because a wrongly sent mail message can lead to a data breach for Data Controllers that have to abide by Privacy Rules and the GDPR. But  nothing replaces good and regular training on best practice for email.

The recipient mail service also has to support recall and the email must be in the Inbox and unread. If you cannot successfully recall a message then you need to follow up with the recipient(s) and request them to permanently delete and or delete and remove from the Deleted / Trash / Bin folder and to remove any collected email addresses from Address Books.

The best practice recommendation is to save a message as a Draft before sending so that all aspects including the content and the recipients' list and whether to send as an open message to all or to send as BCC so that recipients don't see incorrect messages or collect personally identifiable data for others.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution