cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

for a few days now I have not been able to access my emails nor can I access my account

bobcroft53
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 7 of 7

I have followed the guide to check my Windows 10 Microsoft Outlook email account settings and they are correct, it was a Tiscali account transfered to TalkTalk probably a couple of years ago. 

I can access my email via the apps.talktalk webmail so I know the email address and PW are correct.  The error message in Outlook says @cannot access Imap server.  I get the same message for both imap.tiscali.co.uk and imap.talktalk.net settings.  a matter of further concern is that I have been advised a payment of £50 is due on the 16th August.

Finally I cannot log into my TalkTalk account because of 'technical issues'

Can someone help me sort this out please.

Bob Croft
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi bobcroft53, the only settings you need are in the Email Settings help article. The tiscali server is no longer valid.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Bob

Call TalkTalk Customer Service to cancel MailPlus and you'll get 2 years of free webmail access to smoothly migrate your email contacts to your personal domain email.

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your reply, very comprehensive and thorough.  I believe your diagnosis is spot on.  I have received an email from talktalk stating that payment for £50.00 is due on the 16th.  So, I guess if that payment is made and I make the changes to the Outlook settings you suggest all will be well again.  However, I consider the £50 annual fee for basic email excessive especially as Talktalk cuts off my emails whilst a portion of the fee is still valid.  I have my web domains set up with IONOS and I think ideally I should transfer my emails needs to them to since I already have an email account with them.  Are you able to advise me how to cancel my direct debit as apparently I cannot access my account,  if you can that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your help so far.

Bob

Bob Croft
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Just to add that if you wish to prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the tiscali email address and MailPlus account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi Bob

I've merged your two posts as they contained slightly different information. Good to know that webmail is working.

You're a MailPlus subscriber to TalkTalk. Based on your descriptions my diagnosis is that your MailPlus subscription has expired so your tiscali mailbox has been limited by the billing system to webmail only access. The reason that this has happened is that MailPlus was set up for you by a TalkTalk agent. The anniversary of the start of the subscription would be when Outlook stopped working. You'll perhaps be able to confirm those two facts for me.

The Direct Debit (DD) should have been set up to take the subscription in time for the annual renewal but my diagnosis is that the DD date is after the subscription expiry date. And that's why the billing system has been triggered to restrict your mailbox to webmail only access.

MailPlus customers do not currently have access to the customer MyAccount. The security protections that now apply to MyAccount do not allow password or username changes to be carried out from non-TalkTalk network IP addresses. MailPlus customers are normally going to be connecting to the Internet via a different Internet service provider and therefore not via the TalkTalk network and a TalkTalk IP address. The inability to login to MyAccount after an email password change is a known issue for MailPlus subscription customers but with no date for an effective fix.

I also wish to double check some potential issues with your Outlook setup. The Outlook supported versions are Outlook 2016 or later. You've obviously still got tiscali legacy settings in use so you should cease using those and update to the recommended universal talktalk.net settings for Outlook and all TalkTalk domains.

Username: full tiscali email address

Password: tiscali email password (must be compliant with the minimum security requirements of multicase letters, numbers and a symbol)

Incoming host server name: mail.talktalk.net (but imap.talktalk.net is accepted)

Incoming port: 993 (IMAP secure)

Incoming encryption security type: SSL/TLS

Outgoing host server name: smtp.talktalk.net

Outgoing port 587

Outgoing encryption security type: STARTTLS

Outgoing authentication is required

I'll alert TalkTalk Support to my diagnosis and your confirmations will help.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Windows PC

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

0 Likes

bobcroft53
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

For a few days I have not been able to access my emails via windows 10 MSOutlook, I have used this set up previously for a number of years.  I have checked the email account set up and it does not work with either imap.tiscali.co.uk or imap.talktalk.net.  In MS Outlook I get an error message 'Cannot access Imap server', it has been set to the imap.tiscali.co.uk for some years.  The other settings are exactly as per the talktalk set up guide and have not been changed from the working set up.  I have tried on another computer and get exactly the same fault so it seems like a server problem to me.

I CAN access my emails via the web app apps.talktalk.co.uk, thereby showing my email address and PW are correct.

The message below is what I get when I try to log in to my account, despite resetting the PW.

Can someone help me please. 

'Sorry - for technical or security reasons we cannot log you in. Please refresh and try again.'

Bob Croft
0 Likes