cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

my email has been hacked, I have lost all emails and at moment can only send.

Wendy631
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Hi My email has been hacked, and I have lost all emails. At moment I can only send emails.

I can log into my account. 

How do I get my emails back

Is it safe to still use the email address

How do I change the password

Thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

First thing is to scan your devices to make sure they don't have any password capturing viruses or malware then sign in to your mailbox, sign out all connected devices, delete all rules and upgrade the password.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

• Select the cog icon top right
  • Select the All settings menu item
  • Select Security in the left pane of the modal that opens
    Sign out from all devices

This is to ensure there's no unauthorised device still connecting to your mailbox

• Select Mail in the left pane of the modal
  • Scroll down to Rules
    Delete all rules present

This is to ensure that the hacker hasn't left any rules to divert your emails

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Assuming you can upgrade the password this will secure the mailbox. If your emails have been deleted you may find them in the Trash folder. If you cannot see your wanted emails in any folder then they'll be in the hands of hackers so you now need to consider what other online accounts could be at risk. Your emails are not recoverable from TalkTalk as there is no backup service on offer.  Now that hackers know your email address it's inevitable that you'll be targeted with phishing emails so it's up to you to be extra cautious if you choose to keep using the email address.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution