cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Help Getting back into Our Account and Email

davidhughes23
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I am hoping that a member of Talktalk's team can help me with this, I tried to login to my Talktalk Account but was unable to, I called support who said that I needed a gmail account and somehow managed to get me completely locked out of my email and my account.

I have tried to reset my email password but the only options I have when I click forgot my password on talktalk mail is to send an email to the email address that I no longer have access to on any device or send a text message to a mobile phone which I do not have access too, I believe there is a digit which is incorrect in the number you hold for password reset.

When I try to access my account it now tells me that my account does not exist.

I have called Support 4 times now, which has taken me hours to even get your support representatives to understand my issue, I have been promised on two occasions the password reset information will be updated and I will get an email or text to enable me to reset my email password but this has not happened.

I really do not know where to go from here as the telephone support are just sending us in circlres, please can someone help.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

That was the 1st thing I did as soon as I got back in, it took me over 12 hours in telephone calls to Talktalk to get this sorted, nearly three quarters of that time was spend going around in circles trying to get your South African call centre to understand my issue. They kept telling me to go to password reset and get a reset code and I kept telling them the only options I had was to send an email to the address I am trying to get back into or send a text message to a mobile number that has a 1 digit which differs from mine (so could not  get a text message from you).

This issue should have been understood and resolved within a few minutes the talktalk call centre is shockingly bad, thank god for this community!

Thank you once again!

Message 2 of 5

Good to know the mobile number for password recovery is correct. Worth adding an alternate email address for password recovery as an additional option.

• After signing in to your mailbox select your user icon top right
  • Select the menu item Update your reset details
  • Add and save an alternate active email address

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

UPDATE: I am now back into my account and Email. It seems someone has finally corrected the Mobile Phone number on my Talktalk emails recovery details.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi David

To access your customer MyAccount you can login passwordless or select the forgotten email address or forgotten password journeys. Here's the login page.

For access to an email mailbox for which the password recovery is no longer usable you'll need TalkTalk help to set up new password recovery Reset details and I'll request that for you now.

A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address. Also requested will be the alternate email address and mobile number for password recovery Reset details.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

Let us know if you need more guidance.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes