email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"upgraded" email

lynnandmike
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi, my contacts haven't been copied over to the  new system from my onetel email.  Can anyone tell me how to get this done - can't get access to a person at talktalk!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi lynnandmike, Gondola's advice is good and if you follow it you should get the desired end result.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Hi lynnandmike 

If you've followed the video advice you'll have a folder containing vCard vcf files for your contacts.

Select Address book from the header.

Contacts Import

• Select Contacts from the sidebar
  • Select the triple line Actions menu
  • Select Import and you'll see a new window

Contacts Import from VCFfile

• Select the drop down Format menu
  • Select vCard
  • Select the Upload file grey button
  • Choose a vcf file
  • Select the Import blue button
  • Repeat for all saved vcf files

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 6

Thanks - I followed the instructions for the contacts but it was a bit of a faff.  It seems like there should have been some way to download one file of all the information.  Also, there are no instructions as to how to get the information back into the new system - please tell me that I don't have to load all the information manually!!! Keeping my fingers crossed..........

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi lynnandmike, Gondola's advice is spot on so I've marked the post as the best answer for you. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @lynnandmike 

There's a guide and video to watch here to see how to backup your onetel contacts list. Scroll down the page to onetel contacts on the left.

The upgrade of your mailbox does not include transferring the contacts. So sign in to your onetel mailbox here and then follow the video guide.

Let us know how you get on as we do like feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution