email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talk talk mail iphone 12

DeborahDelilaH
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hi

2 days ago I stopped receiving email (iphone and laptop) and got a message "Cannot Get Mail - No Password Provided for TalkTalk".

Nothing has changed on my side, but even so, I tried re-entering passwords and checking settings - same message. Also tried deleting the email account and setting up again from scratch - same result.

I really do not think this is an issue on my end, but with you server.

Please advise?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi DeborahDelilaH, we can help you add your mailbox to your email address. 

Please reply to my personal message and answer the questions in the secure verification link.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 13

Hi DeborahDelilaH,

If you still need assistance with this can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

Message 3 of 13

Ignoring the mail messages from TalkTalk about limiting and deleting your email address was not a wise move.  I hope the date for deletion isn't anytime soon. 

Right now your talktalk.net email address is active on the TalkTalk Mail platform. Until TalkTalk add the address to your active MyAccount you can access the mailbox to receive and send mail via the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in I gave you earlier. 

Add your TalkTalk email address to your Community profile private notes if you haven't already done so. This is so Support can pick it up. 

The 'Functions not available' is a MyAccount bug awaiting a fix but unfortunately it presently stops you adding and creating new talktalk.net addresses. 

TalkTalk Support will add the email address to your customer MyAccount next week. That's going to get you back in control. You will then be able to access your email on any supported email devices including an iPhone. 

Anything else we can help you with? If not then relax and you'll see a reply from TalkTalk Mail Support right here but not until next week. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 4 of 13

You will not have to pay more for email access once you have followed the advice given to you by @Gondola 

In the meantime I suggest you edit your previous posts to remove your email addresses you have posted on an open public forum. You do not want them to be harvested by spammers !

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

DeborahDelilaH
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 13

Warning:

Functions not available

this is all that appears on the screen under the manage email options

0 Likes

DeborahDelilaH
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 13

Warning:

Functions not available

this is all that is displayed under "manage talk talk mail"

0 Likes

DeborahDelilaH
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 13

Oh im crying now

I cannot access *removed for security* the email address ive had for years unless i go on line.  I set it up on my phone and it says password required. the password is on my account.

I have another email address *removed for security* which is the one i used to set up with talk talk again.

Yes i received emails about my account closing but i thought it was scammers trying to access my pass word

Why would talk talk delete and email address?

Why?

What to make more money by making people subsribe?

I returned to talk talk so I dont see why I have to pay extra just to have my email on my phone.

I dont want to have to log in to safari or firefox or any other internet thingy just to get my mail instead, I would like to receive it the way i always have via mail please.

So whats going on with talk talk, and the software mail on the iphone because I am not alone with many people saying they cannot get their mail anymore upon downloading the latest iphone software.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

If you're a recent joiner for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband then the solution is very simple. 

You add your TalkTalk Mail email address to your new customer MyAccount. 

Email not showing in My Account

Once that is done, your email address is linked to an active customer MyAccount so will have full access across supported email devices.

Let us know that you're back in action.

0 Likes

DeborahDelilaH
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 13

and im already signed into web mail using firefox

0 Likes

DeborahDelilaH
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 13

I am a talk talk customer

I can access my mail if i open safari or firefox

I dont understand why this has suddenly happened as i always used to get my mail on my phone or computer using mail, now its all stopped working repeating the message "enter password".  I pay for broadband with talktalk and i feel it unfair that i have have to subscribe to get my mail, more money?  I left talk talk some years ago and have returned and its only been 3 weeks and im thinking why did i bother? 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 13

Hi DeborahDelilaH 

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer? If not then your mailbox may get limited or restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about limited access or deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox then you must add your TalkTalk mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus MyAccount to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days from the first mail message notification from TalkTalk the mailbox is limited or restricted to webmail only access.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

This is to check the password is working for the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Email not showing in My Account

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

DeborahDelilaH
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 13

in fact ive tried everything and its still saying "enter password" even though the password is there and correct.  Im extremely frustrated and disappointed

0 Likes