cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Block / Filter Naughty Teenagers iPhones

PeeJayWilliams
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi. I have signed up here on behalf of my fiancee as we are having difficulties limiting a couple of teenagers access to the wifi when they refuse to go to school, without disturbing everybody eles usage. We are currently employing the Sagemcom FAST 5364 Dual Band Wifi Hub.

We originally setup the routers MAC filter to "ALLOW" and added everyones devices, then removed one or both of the troublesome two if they refused to go to school. This seemed to work until we noticed that the router would randomly return the filter to "DENY" which is an issue that has been posted here on these forums. We then tried to setup as "DENY" and added only their devices. This works for a PS4 console but not for both their iphones, as these have "Mac Randomization" We did disable this feature on both handsets for our home connection but it hasnt taken long for them to figure out how to get back on the network again ‌😠

We are stressing to the max about this whole situation and have even talked about the alternative "modem + better router" scenario but were not rich and are hoping we can find a way round this issue without all that expense. Thanks for reading, stay safe ‌😋

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

I don't think that will help you with the MAC address filtering issue you have, but yes it can be done by manually configuring the Sagemcom. Which one is going to connect to the fibre line?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

is there any way to use the Sagemcom wifi hub in "bridge mode" with an old wrt54 (running DD-WRT) doing the routing duties?

or maybe a Talk Talk Huawei HG 635 ?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

If they get around the MAC address, the only way is to take their phones from them.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

PeeJayWilliams
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

yeh that seems to be where we're heading with this 😠  ...We were hoping that what clearly appears to be a bug in the firmware could be fixed and then we could just use the "ALLOW" filter. Live in hope, die in despair 😢

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

There isn't a way of stopping that in the router I am afraid. It sounds like physical confiscation of their phones is the only way forward.

Keith

0 Likes

PeeJayWilliams
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

This will not work Keith. if set to "DENY" they are just re-enabling their phones private wifi address feature which then gives their device a new random MAC address (one which is not blocked). They can then rejoin the wifi network. this is the issue we need help on.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I would set them to deny just their devices, everything else will work.

Keith

0 Likes