cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Help does a new router actually exist?

Edd24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 30 of 30

I have been a customer of talk talks for a few years now. Firstly being on one of the lesser packages and then upgrading to the fiber 250 package last year. Since being a customer I have had a very patchy service experiencing multiple drops and periods of very low speed. This continued once I upgraded and I have raised these issues on  four separate occasions over the years which has resulted in numerous engineer visits and many, many hours wasted on the phone with talk talk trying to get to the bottom of the problem, to no avail. I recently experienced a terrible period of service over a few days which prompted me to try to get my issue finally rectified. I went through the usual process and an engineer was tasked and did visit. This engineer stated that my current router the WiFi hub was now old and talk talk have just brought a new router out which when installed will remedy the fault. My router has always been the type which also required the open reach modem to run. The engineer said because I am now on the fiber 250 the old style of router can not handle the quicker speeds hence why you need the new style of router and told me the new router does not need the modem to run . Unfortunately the engineer did not have any in his van so told me he would report this issue his end and told me to contact talktalk to prompt them to arrange delivery. I subsequently gave talk talk a few days and then contacted them and much to my annoyance the engineer had lied according to talk talk and said there was no mention of me needing a new router at all and he had written that he could not find a fault and everything was fine. The call handler was very reluctant to assist and made me, yet again, jump through all the usual tedious hoops before finally passing me through to the hardware team, which she only did because I had given up at this point and asked to be put through to someone who could advise me on how to cancel my contract.
Once put through the next rep quickly agreed to send out the new style of router so I agreed to this and try it when it arrived. 
Unfortunately I took delivery of the router but it was the same old style so now I'm at a complete loss.

So I just wondered if anyone in the community, has had a similar experience and also does anyone know if talk talk has even brought out a  new style of router that doesn't need the openreach modem. If so is it identical to the old style in appearance? I have checked the label on the back of both routers and they both appear to be identical (same serial, model etc). I know I should phone talktalk again but I don't think I can take the stress again hence me trying my luck on here first. Anybody please help! 

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Edd24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 21 of 30

Wow so helpful, I wish talktalk's call center was this proactive🤭

Message 22 of 30

I have found my landline and updated my profile thank you!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 30

@Edd24, your account number can be added in lieu of a phone number. 

You should be able to find this in the simple billing notification email that you receive each month.

Remember to SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 24 of 30

@Edd24 If you happened to have a phone handset that you could plug into the line, then dialling 17070 would read back the phone number.

@Michelle-TalkTalk It sounds like the customer does not know their landline phone number and can't access 'My Account'

Message 25 of 30

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Edd24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 30

Thanks all for the support. I have updated my profile as requested but I was unable to locate my home phone number as I am locked out of my account and as I have never used the home phone I don't know the number.

Everything else has been updated including the act no!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 30

Ah, Skynet_TX has also picked up this topic. Got there just before me.  Exact same answer. I'll leave you in the capable hands of Skynet_TX and TalkTalk Support from here on. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 30

Fibre 250 is provided by the Openreach Gfast 250Mbps product and that does still require an Openreach Gfast modem and a Gfast faceplate fitted to the front of the Openreach Master Socket.

There is no newer router from TalkTalk as there is no TalkTalk router that incorporates a Gfast modem. In that respect the Openreach engineer is misinformed. The Wi-Fi Hub Sagemcom 5364 is capable of Gigabit broadband or 900Mbps downstream speeds although TalkTalk do now offer the eero 6 router or eero Pro 6 router for Full Fibre packages at the top end speeds.

I'll ask TalkTalk Support to check your package and speeds. Just leave the Hub connected and powered.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 29 of 30

Hi @Edd24,

The service you have will always need two boxes. The first box that the outside line connects to is the modem/ONT (owned by Openreach), your TalkTalk router will then be connected to that modem/ONT.

So you have to have the two boxes, the latest model of router that TalkTalk are providing is the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub. there are two different models of this hub, the original Hub is 5364, the Hub2 is 5464.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR add your account number to the ‘private notes’ section if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.