cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet Throttling

Mandy396
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

My internet is being throttled between 16.30 and 18.00. I ran a speed test and I am not getting my guaranteed speed.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi, thank you for the suggestion.

I have checked and both kid safe and homework time are turned off. I have toggled them on then off again to try (at this point I will try anything) and will see tomorrow if it has made any difference.

many thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Check settings in Homesafe, @Mandy396.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi thank you for your reply

I have reported this issue twice now and nothing has changed. It has been going on for twelve months. We do not think it is anything to do with other people around us as the problem is resolved at exactly 18.00 every night (including weekends). If it was due to increased usage of neighbours etc then it would not be exactly six o’clock it would vary depending on their usage. The speed was tested with both Wi-Fi and Ethernet cable. 
I think it is probably time that I found a new provider as Talk Talk have been no help at all. 
Thank you for your reply anyway.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Talktalk doesn't "throttle" speeds, @Mandy396. There can be many reasons why they fluctuate at particular times of day, sometimes depending on other people's wifi interfering with yours etc.

Was the speed test done with an ethernet connection or just wifi?

It's also worth plugging the router in at the test socket and seeing if you get the same results there.

Staff will not be back on here before Monday. Make sure you have completed your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....add your Talktalk phone number or account number in Personal Information. Scroll down to find the button to SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes