cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New Cityfibre Connection not working

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 39 of 39

Hi, Cityfibre have just left after installing the new fibre drop and ONT.

All green lights on the ONT but the Eero 6 is not connecting to the ONT/Internet. It says that an IP address is not being assigned. Please could someone sort this, thanks.

My FTTP order number is in the private notes section of my community account. I don't yet have an actual Talktalk account. The last email from Talktalk was just confirming the installation date.

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 21 of 39

Morning Michelle,

I've finally now had the Gone Live email from Talktalk, but the service has not in fact "Gone Live". Hopefully the fact that the system thinks I'm live will give the faults team something to go on.

Please keep pushing

0 Likes

Message 22 of 39

Morning,

I've chased this for an update now.

Thanks

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 23 of 39

@Michelle-TalkTalk  , @Chris-TalkTalk 

Any movement with my fibre issue?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 39

Absolutely. One of my kids tablets is the only device in the house that "finds" the Eero without having to type in the serial so that's what I've been using. 

Bizarre process and we're having serious second thoughts on choosing talktalk. Actually called last night to cancel before our cooling off period finished and got talked into giving them one last try to resolve the issue. Still had no contact from the faults team since Friday besides one voicemail message.  

A Kelly
0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 25 of 39

Yes, 14 days just to get an account number is absurd. It can't be a new problem with so many people having the same issue. Luckily I haven't yet canceled my FTTC service so have something to fall back on.

It's made worse by the fact that the Eero almost never connects to the app via bluetooth and I have to input the serial number every time. If I could get in to the Eero via ethernet to my laptop and save the settings in there it would have been so much simpler than reentering everything each time I check it's working or not. As I said earlier, enormously frustrating.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 39

Interesting that Chris says it can take up to 14 days to resolve. I was told on the phone by talk talk "Advanced Technical Team" that my issue should be resolved within a few hours now that it has been escalated to City Fibre.

But that was last night and I'm still exactly where I was 9 days ago. No progress at all, just going round in circles.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 27 of 39

Hello,

I've asked the team now for an update on this. Apologies for the delay.

Thanks

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 28 of 39

Hi,

Any news on this?

The person in this thread with the same issue https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/New-Fibre150-installation-Eero-6-won-t-pair/td-p/2950030 has been told it's a Cityfibre issue. Is it the same for my fault?

I've heard nothing from anyone yet. If this goes on for much longer I'll have to cancel the order as it's very frustrating

0 Likes

Message 29 of 39

I'm sorry it's just an issue that we currently have with City Fibre circuits unfortunately. It can take up to 14 days but it usually sooner

Chris

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 30 of 39

Hi Chris,

I don't have any details to even try to log into my account. I've never joined any ISP in 20 years where the account details haven't been sent before the service goes live, let alone up to 14 days afterwards

0 Likes

Message 31 of 39

Hi JaxGTX,

It's been picked up by our Future Fibre team, I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly 

It's normal that you can't log into my account initially, it can take up to 14 days to be able to do this, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 32 of 39

Hi Chris,

Any news from the Future Fibre team? I've heard nothing yet. I've tried connecting again this morning, also direct fromt the ONT to a laptop with no success.

I'm concerned that I've not had a gone live email from Talktalk, or any details allowing me to log into a Talktalk account please can you chase that up aswell?

These 3 threads, and others all have the lack of WAN IP Address assignment as a common feature so evidently something in your systems is amiss:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Future-Fibre/New-CityFibre-full-fibre-installation-no-WAN-IP-add...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Issue-with-eeros-and-Wan-IP-Address/m-p/2951212#M375304

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/New-Fibre150-installation-Eero-6-won-t-pair/m-p/2951071#M3...

Message 33 of 39

Hi JaxGTX,

Thanks for trying that. I'll pass it over to our Future Fibre team and ask them to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 34 of 39

Hi Chris, I left both ONT and Eero off for longer than 30 minutes, but sadly still no good.

Plugging a laptop into the ONT also didn't work.

I see I'm not the only one with this problem https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/New-Fibre150-installation-Eero-6-won-t-pair/m-p/2951041#M3...

Like the person on that thread I also don't have a Talktalk account yet, so I suspect something's screwy at Talktalk's end.

Please advise

0 Likes

Message 35 of 39

OK thanks, the order looks to be complete. Could you try switching the ONT and eero off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 36 of 39

Hi Chris,

I have added my addres as requested

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 37 of 39

Hi JaxGTX,

Can you add your address to the private notes section of your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 39

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes