cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Do I need to pay for a replacement Eero Pro 6 if it develops a fault?

shaun56
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hello everyone,

I'm on the 900mbit package and was given two Eero Pro 6's for a mesh network in the house.

One of the Eeros has become faulty and no longer connects to the other working Eero.

I've spent an hour talking on the live chat to two separate operators.

One told me that there isn't an issue because one of them worked. The other said I would have to pay for a brand new Eero device as the box worked when I received it.

Is this actually the case? Surely if I have an issue with equipment TalkTalk provided, they should be responsible for replacing it?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

OK thanks, have you tried resetting the eero?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

They were connected wirelessly but a few days ago the one we have upstairs slowed down to 100mbit rather than the 700 or so we were getting.

When I tried to reset it and pair them back together, they could no longer see each other in the app.

This happened even when they were in the same room. In the end I wired them together to pair and then took it back upstairs and that got me back to where I was originally.

So my second Eero is not providing the same speeds as it used to and will not connect wirelessly to the main Eero at all no matter how close they are.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi shaun56,

How do the eeros connect to each other?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I was provided with both Eero devices by yourselves.

I'd remember spending £89 on one haha.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi shaun56

Just to confirm, did we send you both eeros or was one of these ordered from amazon?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@shaun56, wait for forum staff to reply after the weekend.

Add your Talktalk account number in the profile area for them to identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Usually routers are swapped without charge if a fault develops. They'll send a returns bag for you to return the faulty equipment. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.