cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre 900

NoitchNige
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Started this week  Slow download  speed 4 mbps random loss of connection mainly evenings .I have reset and rebooted  several times. Reported fault 07/06/23  ref REP-12990880   timeline says internet connection looks good.  But It's not.

also says if still experiencing issues, please chat with our team.

Here I am.

Please help me get this resolved.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

City Fibre turned up this afternoon.  They changed the fibre cable from pole to house. That seems to have fixed issue. 

Speeds back to how they were.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Thanks. I can see that this has been raised to City Fibre for investigation and is in the process of being assigned to an engineer. If you don't hear anything by Wednesday can you bump the thread and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

Message 4 of 11

All done . Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

OK thanks, can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Connected direct to ONT  got 55 mbps down 781 up .   just noticed the broadband light on ONT flashes between red and green. all othe lights green

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi NoitchNige,

Could you try connecting a device directly to the ONT with an Ethernet cable, bypassing the eero, and run a couple of speed tests. Please let us know if there's any improvement

Chris

0 Likes

NoitchNige
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Confirmed, ONT, Eero 6+ Router off  30mins +.  Reset Eero to factory settings  and disconnected all devices. Reset network settings on PC flushed DNS etc.  PC only device connected via ethernet. Run speed tests multiple times , get 4mbps down if i'm lucky.  750+ up.

Cannot stream anything on any device they constant buffering.

I get connection AM  but  by PM  red  light on Eero no connection  middle 2 lights on ONT off.

I leave it all night  then in morning its all back on, but still slow.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Morning,

Can I just confirm, have you tried powering down the ONT and router for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speeds again? Are the wired speed also dropping?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Please can you answer these few questions:-

1. If you connect a laptop or similar via Ethernet directly to the ONT in place of your router, what speed do you get there?
  2. The speeds that you mention in your opening post, are they on both Ethernet and wireless connections to your router?
  3. Which mak/model of router are you using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes