cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Getting full fibre so changing phone but transferring old 4G sim nano to new phone. Advice needed.

Yorick
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Current phone only 2GB ram so looking at Motorola G54 5G 256 GB. Can I transfer old O2 sim from Galaxy J3 4G phone to a new 5G phone? Try not to get too complicated as I'm 77 this year and this is all very complicated to me.  

"You have to laugh at Life, otherwise you'd cry"
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

I would agree: just get this done in a shop.

Even opening up the phone takes a bit of skill - I got my own sim switched into a new phone recently that way.

Just delegate, @Yorick!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Doing a quick Google search it looks like your existing phone has a micro SIM and your new one a nano SIM.

Does your existing SIM have a smaller card within it that can be punched out? If so this one should fit.

If you need a new SIM card you should get able to order one from O2. 

You would be best to go into a shop and get their help so you can be informed of ways to proceed should your existing SIM not have a punch out nano and you wish to remain with O2. There are some very good SIM only deals out there from companies such as Lebara if you are not tied into a contract.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Both 'phones use a nano SIM which is the smallest SIM size so yes you can swap the SIM over to the new 'phone. Here's a link to the O2 help content for help with your SIM.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes