cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Erro 6 Wifi Channel Problem

NitaRoze
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 91 of 91

Hi

Had Fibre 150 installed a couple of hours ago. Mostly everything is ok. But I have found one big problem. I don't know how to change Wifi Channels 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. 

Is this possible on an Erro 6?

But another big problem is not being able to choose between 2.4 ghz and 5ghz, for different devices. I can see from the app that my son's PS5 is really struggling upstairs stuck on 5 ghz. 

I have ordered another Erro 6 from Amazon, to see if this helps. It will go in his bedroom.

But to be fair...

Using Wifi Analyzer, I can already see that my old Netgear D6400 had way better Wifi than the Erro 6. 

I do think it is sad that we can't use our own routers if we have VOIP.

Please can someone help me with the Wifi Channel problem?

Thanks In Advance!

Nita

Nita
0 Likes
90 REPLIES 90

Message 1 of 91

Hi NitaRoze

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

The WIFI optimisation should now remain off (unless the router is factory reset - pin hole reset)

0 Likes

Message 2 of 91

Hi Debbie,

It’s been fine thanks! So much better when channels aren’t jumping around all the time.

Thank You!

Nita

Message 3 of 91

Hi NitaRoze

How's the connection been since the WIFI optimisation was switched off?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 91

Hi NitaRoze

Thanks for your reply.

The wireless channel should not change now we've switched the WIFI optimisation off.

Apologies for this.

Message 5 of 91

Hi Debbie,

Only just turned my Laptop on. So it's hard to say how things are at the moment. I checked with WiFi Analyzer. And at some point since about 6pm yesterday afternoon my Hub 2 had changed from channel 44 to 48. This could very well have been before Wifi Optimisation was turned off. I've changed it back to channel 44. And I will keep an eye on things.

Thanks For Your Help!

Nita
0 Likes

Message 6 of 91

Hi @NitaRoze 

Apologies for this.

I've now switched the WIFI optimisation off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 7 of 91

Hi Michelle,

Re: WiFi Optimisation

I've been using the Hub 2 since Monday. Everything was going fine until yesterday. I thought something seemed a little off. My Wi-Fi dropped to weak. It didn't stay there long before going to medium. I was on my Chromebook. So I didn't have Wifi Analyzer to check up with. Now I wish I'd just signed into the router and checked. 

Anyway...

Today I'm using my Windows 10 Laptop. Opened WiFi Analyzer. And wanted to cry. It's like the Erro 6 problem all over again. My channels had changed from 5ghz Channel 44 to 36. And 2.4ghz Channel 1 to 6. I could scream! I've obviously changed them back again. But how long will they stay there for? After searching the forum I believe my Problem is down to something called WiFi Optimisation. So, Can I have WiFi Opimisation turned OFF Please?

Thanks In Advance!

Nita
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 91

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I am waiting on the customer to send me a second PM from yesterday. However, I think it may be a while before I get a response, due to the customer potentially being unavailable for a while. That is fine with me & I will pick this up again as & when.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 91

Hi @NitaRoze 

Please can you PM me those screenshots unredacted? Please also include the AP view so that I can see both yours & your neighbours.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 91

Hi Michelle,

With no sign of the update to change channel for ourselves on the erro 6. Today I finally had time to set up the Hub 2.

Internet feels stronger and faster already. 

First Speed Test...

WifiWifi

Back On Channel 44...

WifiWifi

wifiwifi

Only one strange thing on the 2.4ghz channels. The neighbours seem to follow me. 

When I first set up the router I decided to move from channel 1 because most of the neighbours were already on that channel. So I changed to channel 6. But then I realised I'd made a mistake. I had meant to pick channel 11. So I changed it again. But when I looked at Wifi Analyzer I got a shock. The neighbours had followed me. I ended up moving back to Channel 6. Not the (Hub 2) routers problem. Just really strange. See The Pics...

WifiWifi

WifiWifi

I might go back to Channel 1. Now that it looks like all the Neighbours have moved off it today!

Thank You!

Nita
0 Likes

Message 11 of 91

Hi NitaRoze,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on and if the eero channel issue has remained consistent since last week?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 12 of 91

Morning NitaRoze,

Thanks for the update. Please don't apologise, there is no rush. I'd recommend keeping hold of the wifi hub 2 for a few weeks just to make sure that the eero issue has definitely been resolved and we'll also check back in with you next week to make sure that everything is still ok with your speeds.

Thanks again

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 13 of 91

Hi Chris,

Thank You!

Nita
0 Likes

Message 14 of 91

Hi NitaRoze,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that the speed has improved. Don't worry if you're busy, there's no rush.

Chris

Message 15 of 91

Hi Michelle,

Sorry it's taken me some time to get back to you. Life is just so hectic at the moment.

Still on channel 36, but thank god speed has come back up...

WifiWifi

Wifi Hub 2 has arrived. Just haven't got time to change over at the minute with all the hospital stuff going on. To be honest, nothing seems to be going right for me at the minute. Over the weekend my lift managed to break down twice in 24 hours. Life is so crazy right now. I haven't really had much time to even use the internet. 

I'm still looking forward to the erro channel update that we will all hopefully get soon. At least then when I try the Hub 2 it wont be like comparing an apple to a pear. I also need my son to spend some time at home (Workaholic) so that he can tell me what his devices are doing and what his wifi/Internet is like in his bedroom. My sons room is the only room in the house that really struggles with wifi.

Thank You For All Your Help!

Nita

Message 16 of 91

Good afternoon,

Our Devices Manager has come back to me to advise that this should now be resolved. How is your connection at the moment?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 91

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'll speak to the Devices Manager this morning.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 91

Hi Michelle,

Could you please make sure they have not put another FIX on me. 

One minute today I had fantastic speeds on Channel 149. And the next minute. I had nothing but trouble. 

First the 2nd erro 6 ( Bought By myself ) that is in my sons room disconnected. I had a right fiddle to get it back working. Just as I thought that was that. I realised why it had possibly disconnected. I'm back on Channel 36. Maybe it's just a coincidence. But I do know that the FIX's they send out are just making things worse. Please make sure I have no FIX applied to my erro.

PS. The HUb 2 has not arrived yet

Thanks In Advance!

Nita
0 Likes

Message 19 of 91

Hi Michelle,

Thank You!

Nita
0 Likes

Message 20 of 91

Morning,

Ah no, I'm so sorry about this. I don't know why the channels keep changing. I'll keep chasing for a date for when the update is available to change the channel manually and will keep you updated. 

Michelle