cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Grandstream will not register phone

Clairefairyuk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Hi, I had my fibre package upgraded today to include digital voice. I have been on live chat all day as although the internet is great, I have no phone using the DVA. On four separate occasions I was told to either wait and see what happens or reset the DVA.  The DVA is grandstream but I cannot for the life of me get it to register. I have also been following everyone's recommendations  on the forum to try and get this fixed (plugging the DVA directly into the ONT and resetting) but have had no joy. I'm honestly at the end of my tether and don't think I can have the same conversation again over live chat (Which is now closed anyway). I just tried to use the copper line just so that I had a landline for the evening but now that's not even working.  Help!

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Morning,

Did the team manage to resolve this for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Morning,

I believe my colleague has now made contact, and hopefully they will be able to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Message 3 of 21

Hello,

Thank you. I've let the team know now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

As soon as possible really, I'm working from home today so it will be easier for me to pick up personal calls.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I was advised that they would try again yesterday so I've chased this for an update now. When would be the best time for the team to make contact (when you're at home) and I will also pass this over?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hi, any news? I had a missed call on my mobile on Monday, when I called it back it was an automated message that told me Talktalk would try me again and I haven't heard a thing since? 

It's now been over a week without a home phone. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and thanks for trying. I've passed this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Staff will follow up after the weekend, @Clairefairyuk.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

I had the replacement delivered today, turned everything off for 40mins, plugged the AVA directly into the ONT and set everything up. Turned it all on and I still have no phone. I tried resetting the AVA again but nothing.I have now been without a house phone since Tuesday  and had to restart my Internet  a ridiculous amount of times trying to get this to work.  Can someone please check everything is set up on my account as it should be before I look into getting this cancelled. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi Clairefairyuk

I've ordered a replacement digital voice adapter for testing, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi, yes as its the only way my phone will plug into the DVA.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi,

Ok, just to confirm, did you try the microfilter?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi, unfortunately I only have the one phone. I was told that I could use my existing phone with the adaptor though. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Morning,

Actually just a thought, before we send a replacement would it be possible to try the below please?

Phone not ringing

Do you have an older model telephone that doesn't ring on incoming calls? We recommend plugging a microfilter into the phone port on the Wi-Fi Hub2 and then plugging your your telephone into the microfilter. The same advice is given if using an eero with a Digital Voice adapter (Grandstream). Test with another handset.

1. Plug your phone into the microfilter
  2. Plug the microfilter into the  Phone  port (green port) located on the Grandstream adapter.
  3. Check all 3 lights are on

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Good morning Michelle, if you think that would solve the issue, then yes please. I have also noticed that my online account is not showing my new package, just my old one. Could this be related do you think? 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Morning,

Thanks for trying this and I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement Digital Voice Adapter (DVA) to rule this out? We would also send a returns bag so that the original one can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi, so have just tried the set up as recommended. The phone suddenly rang so thought we had cracked it (it hadn't rang on  previous attempts), but then it stopped, the phone light turned off and now its just engaged again as before. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm just home from work so will try again now and keep you posted.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, did you specifically try the below? Have you also tried powering down the ONT, eero and DVA for 30 minutes and then tried re-connecting them all again?

Can you try the following, plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names & if possible an alternative contact number. Please can you include your fibre account/order number & the ONT's serial number in the Private Notes section. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes