cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Should customers ever reset their Nokia ONT?

rgbargey
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

If my Openreach Nokia ONT ever develops a fault, should I Factory Reset it by pressing the side pinhole button or will this permanently wipe TT ISP settings?  Am I correct in assuming that only Openreach should touch my Openreach Modem/ONT? As more and more customers will be transitioning to FTTP, it might be worth posting this advice somewhere.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Thanks for confirming. In that case then we would also book an engineer visit to investigate if the ONT still wasn't working.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Yes, we powered the ONT down for 40 mins, then restarted, but that made no difference in this case.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hello,

We usually just advise powering down the ONT for 30 minutes and re-testing again.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

No, but my neighbour on TT with an identical setup to mine had a problem where his ONT appeared to be alive but not working correctly (3 green lights for a minute, then 2 for a minute, then 3 etc). I lent him my router & PSU but this made no difference, so we suspected the ONT. Openreach has just now replaced his ONT, but I was wondering if a reset would have worked rather than replacement.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi @rgbargey 

Are you currently experiencing any issues with your FTTP connection?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

You might be right. I can see something like a very tiny hole, on the right side, towards the bottom, but it's not marked RESET.

As I said, TalkTalk often asks other customers, to switch the ONT off for 30 minutes, if there are problems.

Bill

0 Likes

rgbargey
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

Hi, Thanks for that info. My ONT is a Nokia G-010G-R and has a "RESET" switch on the side as well as an On/Off switch on the bottom. 

0 Likes

rgbargey
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Openreach have several types of ONT. Mine is the small Nokia model (Serial Number ALCLFD20E277) being widely fitted in our area. It has a pinhole switch two thirds of the way down the right hand side, marked "RESET".

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hello

I have a Openreach Nokia ONT, and it doesn't have a Factory Reset pinhole. It does have an ON/OFF switch. The switch may be used by the customer, in which case it might do some minor reset. Sometimes other customers are advised by TalkTalk to switch the ONT off for 30 minutes, to renew the current session of the TalkTalk connection, then to switch it back on.

Bill

0 Likes