cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

What a farce why do I need two FFTP cables

Ourian
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Two years ago my contract with TalkTalk was up for renewal, so I opted to be connected to the city fibre network by TalkTalk - I have FFTP woohoo!

My contract with Talktalk is up for renewal again and I have been offered a reasonable package, so as I've decided to stay with them, one would think the procedure was simple and straight forward
But oh no it's not, I can't used the the city fibre FFTP that's already fully installed in my home, I have to allow Openreach to dig up the street and my garden to lay a new fibre cable so that I can be connected to the Openreach fibre network, that's if Openreach could be bothered to communicate with me as to when or when not they are going to turn up to do the installation

What a farce, waste of resources and my time

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

OK, it was a transient service with City Fibre it seems. If you want to upgrade you will need an Openreach installation. It doesn't make much sense I agree, but sadly this is what happens when you have different network suppliers offering different services to ISPs.  

0 Likes

Ourian
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

I had TalkTalk 65 with City Fibre and will be having TalkTalk 150 with openreach

I can have 150 with other providers on City Fibre, it doesn't make sense

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

This does seem odd. What package did you have with City Fibre? It may be that they do not offer an upgrade path, hence the need to switch network suppliers.

0 Likes