cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

full fiber

lifeboatman
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Just had full fibre connected, 500mbps (10 days ago) while download speed is as stated the wifi speed from eero is very low 500 in 19 out (same room as router) according to speedtest.net, had talks with talk talk said they will monitor it should be better after 10 days  but I cannot hard wire all the tv's or computer, have been persuaded to upgrade to 900 mbps was told would be better and I could connect 2 extenders, but will be limited if broadcast speed is low, my eero app says the the maximum down load wifi was 134 mbps over 4 days , any one else had same or similar problem 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

How are you getting on, do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

What WiFi adapters are you using, not all will work at these speeds to start with? If they should be able to work in the 5GHz WiFi band, what channel is the Eero using (see Radios analytic displays in the app)?

I am assuming that you mean that the app is telling you that the data downloaded was 134 mbps over 4 days. However, the units that you have quoted do not equate to this. I know this might seem pedantic, but to understand your problem, I need some clarification on this. Mbps (Megabits per second) is a measurement of speed, whereas MBps (Megabytes per second) is normally a measurement of the amount of data uploaded or downloaded.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes