cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

phone line test saga

Giraffe
Wise Owl
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Someone recently said they could hear interference noise when they phoned me on my landline. Today I thought I would test my phone line and your system reported back 'we think there is an issue with your line, run a line test. 10 minutes later I receive an email from TT stating 'we've completed a test on your line. if you're still experiencing issues our agents will need to investigate this further. simply visit talktalk.co.uk/tech' I took this action but found your automated system very confusing as the questions asked did not relate to my possible issue so gave up? 

What I find confusing is your line test does not actually report back whether or not they have found a fault on my line just if I am still experiencing a problem to contact them through your help link.

TT Tests of my broadband come back as a healthy connection. I cannot hear any interference on my phone line.

The end results is that I do not know whether or not I really have a fault with my phone line.

Can someone please advise what if anything I should do?

3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Giraffe,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which is clear. Does more than one caller hear this noise/interference on the line when they call you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Crackle170224
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

I have had the same issue. I think the Tools on the TalkTalk website do not work/ are not believed/ are to confuse us  -  take your pick.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes