cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile support

For any questions about your TalkTalk mobile service.

Reconnecting Mail to Phone

AngelaHiggs
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

C9C47E1B-B849-4F06-BB81-E88287148B8B.jpegI’ve put all the new settings in to try to get my emails back on my Samsung mail app, and this is the error message that comes up 

help?? Have tried contacting support several times and they’ve been no help 

  

A.Higgs
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi AngelaHiggs, I've checked your mailbox is in full working order.  That can't be the cause of this problem.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 20

Yes definitely the right password that I use to log in to my webmail

Ive followed all instructions, adding the email onto my phone again with the new setting details as below 

A.Higgs

Message 3 of 20

And you've checked that the password has been entered correctly and is the same as currently used for webmail access?

If you're not using any other method to view mail messages, other than webmail, that's secure by design, and you did change the Samsung settings from previously insecure (no SSL and port 143 for example) then Ady will see that your email address is still limited to webmail only and will need to be rechecked and full access restored.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 20

Yes that’s correct, those exact settings

A.Higgs

Message 5 of 20

To clarify, the Samsung email app server settings are:

IMAP Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 993

SMTP Outgoing server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Require authentication to send emails: ON

Please confirm that those are the settings you see on the Samsung incoming and outgoing server settings.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 20

Re-escalating this for you, @AngelaHiggs.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Same message coming up

A.Higgs
0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Still nothing... feel like its never going to work

A.Higgs
0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

It is indeed showing as limited. I've asked that it again be returned to normal function. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 10 of 20

A8F64DE0-5138-4C5B-9AC2-3BCD630F58E3.jpeg

A.Higgs
0 Likes

AngelaHiggs
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 20

Thanks, still not working. It’s now sometimes saying this message: 

26643E78-1411-46A8-892A-9045A561576E.jpeg
A.Higgs
0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi AngelaHiggs, it looks like just a few mailboxes didn't get restored for some reason. I've repeated the request to get them sorted today.

Ady

AngelaHiggs
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 20

Ok thanks, it still isn’t working so I’ll try again on Monday afternoon

A.Higgs

Message 14 of 20

Try now and the app will authenticate a connection if TalkTalk had time on Friday to restore full access. Otherwise try Monday afternoon.

AngelaHiggs
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 20

Thank you, when should I try to readd the email account again? 

A.Higgs
0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi AngelaHiggs, I've added to the list of accounts to be restored to full function. 

Ady

Message 17 of 20

You'll receive a reply from TalkTalk Support right here.

AngelaHiggs
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Thank you, I have now added all the information above into the account settings including private notes with email address 

What will happen now? 

A.Higgs

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Hi AngelaHiggs 

TalkTalk will notify you in advance of TalkTalk Mail being limited to webmail only access if:

• You're not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or MailPlus subscriber
    Or the mailbox address is not added to an active customer MyAccount
  • Any device email software, email app, or mail collection service connects to your mailbox using insecure settings
    Secure mail connections to your mailbox must all be made using a minimum of TLS 1.2 encryption security and sign in using the email address and email password
  • There's continued use of out of date email software, operating system or legacy email settings
    We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides

So, you've been notified about the continued use of insecure settings. You've now put in the secure settings but your Samsung phone will not authenticate a connection until TalkTalk Support restore the IMAP access to your mailbox.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing IMAP access and your customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Are you using any other ways other than webmail to view your mail messages? Mail collection service, other phone, computer, notebook, tablet?  Asking because all must use secure settings from here on. Some devices do not support secure mail so I feel you may need advice on which devices to cease using.

Guide given below for the secure settings for the Samsung Android phone. I'll request IMAP access is restored but as mentioned the phone will not access the mailbox until TalkTalk restore full access.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device