cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

Broadband made faster

We're all using our home broadband more than ever before (the average TalkTalk home downloads 45GB of data a month). So we're investing tens of millions of pounds into our network to make it faster and more stable.

Here's what we've been doing:

• Adding capacity, so the network doesn’t get overloaded and slow you down
  • Simplifying the network so it can adapt more quickly to future needs
  • Developing an Ultra Fibre Optic network that runs all the way to your router
  • Working closely with Netflix and YouTube for quicker and smoother streaming
  • Finding and fixing the parts of our network that weren’t as reliable as they could be
  • And, we're pleased to say we’ve just reached number 1* for keeping your speed the same – however busy the internet is

family.png

Making the most of our improved network

We bring the best possible broadband connection to your home – but there are a number of factors inside your home that affect the speed you get on your devices. Here are some tips to keep their performance up.

• Place your router in a central unobstructed location, facing into the room
  • Try not to put your router in a corner with concrete or brick walls
  • Nearby electrical devices like a cordless phone, microwave or baby monitor can disrupt your signal
  • Leave your router on at night so we can keep it updated for the best possible connection. It’s not using much electricity, we promise

*Ranked number one by SamKnows based on peak throughput percentage which was 98.81% for TalkTalk in December 2016 for Fast Broadband according to SamKnows broadband performance monitoring service for UK ISPs in December 2016.

TalkTalk
Technology

about StephenF

Hey everyone, I'm your community manager and resident lego fanboy and not to mention a massive foodie :) I'm here to help keep the community ticking over each day and support our great members.

Read more of my blog posts
42 Comments

More like this