cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

Is slow internet adding to your child’s exam stress?

Exam season is a challenging time in most households without the added frustration of slow and unreliable internet caused by the strain of everyone trying to get online at once.

Even if your home isn’t full of stressed teenagers trawling the internet for revision, you may have noticed your internet speed is slower than usual due to an increase of internet traffic in your area. With as many as 14 Wi-Fi enabled devices per home, most households in the UK have outgrown a standard broadband connection.

York’s Ultra Fibre Optic from TalkTalk is bringing a brand new, next generation full fibre network to York delivering lightning fast speeds of up to 900Mbps. This is up to 20 times faster than the UK’s average ‘fibre’. Full fibre internet means fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) or fibre direct from the exchange into your home. It is reliable and stable, no matter how many people are online at once.

A household with full fibre from TalkTalk could stream 200 HD films simultaneously, download an HD film in 7 seconds or 100 songs in 3 seconds. It will mean an end to frustration with slow internet adding to revision and exam stress.

Technology
UFO

about Taylerw

Hi everyone! I look after the broadband content on Help & Support. I'm also the team's resident crazy cat lady.

Read more of my blog posts

More like this