cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

Scammers - It’s the world we live in today

Early September, ITV aired a documentary which followed the work of detectives attempting to stop criminals from scamming eBay customers. It was particularly moving to learn about the stories of these victims, as the fraudsters hacked and conned around 5000 UK victims to get their hands on over £9 million. That’s why it was so satisfying to see the scammers being brought to justice – and, is what makes my job so rewarding.

Sadly, phone, email and online scams are a growing concern that affect many different types of companies and industries. Here are just some of the ways we’ve recently been helping to beat the scammers:

• Working with the police, BT and Microsoft on this recent scam affecting the latter company  
  • Increasing the intelligent monitoring on our network and blocking more scam callers
  • Collaborating with the FBI, TeamViewer, Google, Apple, Microsoft to help put a stop to Indian Contact Centre Scams
  • Improving our Last Call Barring Feature, which now allows you to block up to 100 calls and for us to monitor the numbers you’re blocking
  • And we have launched a new place for customers to Check and Report suspicious numbers

We’ve also been working hard on a new calling feature which is due to come to the market soon. Watch out for more on this!

Without you reporting scam calls and telling us more about their tactics, we would find it more of a challenge to trace the scammers and put a stop to them. So let’s continue to work together to beat the scammers and keep them at bay.

Security

about Donnam

Hey everyone, Donna is the name and Scam prevention is the Game! As the Head of scam prevention, I’m dedicated to putting the scammers out of business.

Read more of my blog posts
4 Comments

More like this