cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Trojan:W32/GenInflated.B

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

SuperSafe antivirus scan has detected Trojan:W32/GenInflated.B but has been unable to deal with it.

I suppose that means I still have it.

What is the recommended action to remove it?

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Good spot. Will get straight on it.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

22H2, you should be on 23H2.....

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

"2024-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034765)" was installed on 14/2/24
Power Automate seemed to arrive with that update which also put Copilot on the PC with an icon in the taskbar.
I have uninstalled Power Automate, then run the Supersafe Virus Scan which has found no harmful items.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

I can't tell you what is best to do, I have never heard of this Power Automate Desktop & it is not on my Windows 11 PC. From reading about it, I would say that it is really aimed at business users. I would try uninstalling it & see what happens.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

I have found two articles online which might help me.

This one on the F-Secure support web site and this one on a web site called withsecure.com

Referring to the latter, I find that the app called Power Automate Desktop arrived on my PC on 16 February during a routine Windows Update.

I have checked the other PC, and it also has Power Automate Desktop since 16 February, but the Supersafe scan does not detect the suspect file.

Obviously I want to fix the error. Which of the above approaches would be best. Manually delete the apparently offending file as per F-Secure, or uninstall and reinstall Power Automate Desktop, or even just uninstall it, as I don't know that I have a use for it.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Have you tried Malwarebytes?

Keith

0 Likes