cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Deleted previous post....naughty!"

MerlinBengal
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

As the previous post was deleted asking why TT discontinued the hub2 and went to  Eero, I will ask the question again. Bear in mind although I do not at present have a problem this is a question to enable me to see the outcome of a problem.

So, here we go 'Given that I have a hub2 with telephone linkage through the router, what would happen if my router decides to fail, if TT no longer issue this router to the 150 and above contracts?

Personally I would not touch an Eero.

So perhaps you would kindly NOT delete this post as this is a logical question. My contract is up October 2024, pending what is available at that time will see where I go from then. I also see that I am not able to go above the 150 contract, though plenty of others in my area go upto 900 etc. Fixed pricing until 2026. Howcome TT have not enabled the exhange for higher speed?

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thank you Michelle. It is rock solid though. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Morning,

If the Wifi Hub 2 did develop a fault then we would send a replacement Wifi Hub 2.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Very wise, @MerlinBengal 

Bill

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Well, I am, on the 150 package, free move. I was given a hub 2 but looking at the forum other people are NOT given this option and has been seen on several posts, refused the model in favour of the Eero, so I would say it is discontinued to anything above 65 package. Only have to look at what is available on the TT site to see the Eero is the offered router, if you can call it a router with such limited connections.

I still cannot see why they did this and can see only a commercial 'deal with Amazon' as as an option by TT.

I find the hub 2 satisfactory for what it has to do. Regards wifi6, in my view totally pointless if you have a slow connection. Apart from contacting your own computers, there is absolutely no benefit whatsoever. Makes no difference how fast you can contact and negotiate with your router if your download speed is less than the wifi speed.

My view but who cares and who listens anyway 🙂

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

If your hub 2 went faulty it would be replaced with....another hub2. Where did you get the idea it has been discontinued? There are four current TalkTalk routers and the ones used depend on the package a person has:-

1. Sagemcom FAST 5364 (one of the original two Wi-Fi hubs)
  2. Sagemcom FAST 5464 (Hub 2)
  3. Amazon Eero 6
  4. Amazon Eero Pro 6

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Its not been deleted it was moved as it was not deemed to be a help issue.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Technology/Why-on-earth/m-p/3042477#M27876

TalkTalk are unlikely to answer this question officially though as it is a commercial decision and one that was taken at the time as the best solution.

If others in your area have higher speeds they are probably with another ISP who may or may not have a commercial exclusivity for myriad reasons, for a period in your area. If its there and they are a TalkTalk partner it will come eventually, but again may be a commercial decision between the fibre providers and those ISPs and a date cannot be given.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).