cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Ending use of TalkTalk TV box, but now can't get TV to work on terrestrial signal

Perplexed1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi.

I've been using the TT TV box for several years, but now find I don't use it much, so intend to cancel.

However, having disconnected it, I can't get the TV to work on the terrestrial signal via the ariel.

I'm not sure if the TV (Samsung LCD TV  made 2008) is equipped for the terrestrial digital signal or needs converting to analogue. I tried it with and without using a set top box to convert the signal, but the screen displays a ' Weak or no signal' message.

I know the ariel is ok , and that the set top box is ok as they are used on another TV in the house.

I have selected the different input option on the TV, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your advice. It took me a while to figure out how to get the TV to re-tune, but once done, that fixed it. Your help is much appreciated.

Clive

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

if the same aerial works fine in the TV box, then the aerial itself is fine.

If you connect the aerial direct to the TV  and perform a retune from the TV Settings menu, and the reception is poor, then it could be a fault of the TV tuner or aerial port on the TV.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.