cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

upgrade to fast fibre

MikeS86
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I am on the Fibre65 package for the next 2 years,  At the moment I get 46mbs because I am still on copper cable.

My question is, in the next 2-3 weeks the Fast fibe cable which is outside the property will go live,

Will TalkTalk automatically  conect me to the new Fibre cable so I can get the full benifit of Fibre 65 speed as advertised on the Fibre 65 package which I am already paying for ?

MikeS86

MikeS86
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

@MikeS86

Staff replied not so long ago on one of your many other threads:

Not such a high minimum guaranteed speed here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Technology/Slow-speed/td-p/3047271#M27921

You were told twice in that thread last Tuesday:

1000002329.jpg

Talktalk cannot guarantee advertised averages - only the minimum speed for your particular line can be guaranteed. 

Re the price, depending which add ons will of course affect the total.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

MikeS86
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

The cable was installed by OpenReach to the outside of the property and the engineer says it will be available within 2 weeks.

As of my account, I am on Fibre 65 with a guarentee of 50mbs which I had for the last previous 3 years  but have not had that for over 6 weeks now.  I put in a complaint in May but  apart from Text and such nothing got done untill they sent an engineer from Talktalk who verified I was only getting a speed of 45/6, went away , nothing since so closed the complaint.  Fibre 65 is advertised at £28 pm,  I am paying £36 (includes a couple of add ones)  Big difference!

MikeS86

MikeS86
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Whether it's full fibre or fibre to the cabinet, which is what you currently have, Talktalk guarantees the minimum speed for your line, and you will have been told that when you ordered FTTC Fibre65.

Upgrading is NOT automatic but you may be offered a free upgrade when it becomes available with Talktalk. 

Or you can keep checking in My Account  or phone up / Chat to see if it's available, @MikeS86.

Just having it in the street outside doesn't automatically make it available - the infrastructure people may have a deal with a single ISP for a while before it gets shared with others.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes