cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Billing issue

chrishall57
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi, any advice welcome!

Had my equipment installed on the 20th Jan, Fibre 65, 4K box and Netflix standard.

Received details of my first bill on the 26th Jan - £56.47. So far so good.

Got an email saying that I could change my direct debit date from the 2nd. Changed it to the 8th as I don't get paid until the 6th of each month.

However, yesterday the £56.47 was taken from my account.

Today I got my next bill which is due to come out on the 8th Feb for £65.14! Looking at the bill the new bill doesn't include the recent payment taken on the 8th.

To cap it all got another email later today saying I owe £8.47 which I need to pay online and if I don't I'll get hit with an Admin fee of £12.50!

Any idea what to do about this? Will go ballistic if they take out £65 next week 😵

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7

Thank you Arne-TalkTalk, much appreciated! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi chrishall57

The £65.14 bill does actually take into account the payment on the 2nd for £56.47, due to the change of payment date you have been billed a further £8.67 for the month totaling £65.14, only £8.67 will be taken.

Next month and moving forward  your bill will be produced on the 1st and direct debit due on the 8th. 

Sorry for any confusion. 

Message 4 of 7

Thanks! Would be great if the support team could look into this asap.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thanks!

It would be great if the support team could look into this. 

What I want is confirmation that the next bill isn't going to include charges I've already paid.

Also, where does the £8.47 manual payment come from when I'm set up with Direct Debit?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I think the issue is that the new Direct Debit date doesn't take effect until after after the first one has been paid. And the timescale seems to have worked against you in this case.

If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes