cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cancel my land line

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi

Ive just gone over to your new fibre service recently and wish to cancel my landline as I no longer require it or use it

Mick Pope, TV engineer, grew up in the magic of the 60/70s when we reached for the stars and landed on the moon
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Just checking in now, @Arne-TalkTalk, so sending you the link rather late in the day, by PM.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

What thread was that @Gliwmaeden2, can you pm it to me didn't realize it was moderated.    We are trying to establish if cancelling the copper leave behind is possible, but it doesn't change the pricing of the service I'm sure.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 14

Posted by Arne on the moderated thread:

"You do have a copper leave behind service, but you are not charged separately for it, its a bundled price and cant be separated.".

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

Let's wait for @Arne-TalkTalk to solve the mystery, @MickP54!

0 Likes

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

Hi

Just checked

My account is described as

Fibre 65 Data Only

Mick Pope, TV engineer, grew up in the magic of the 60/70s when we reached for the stars and landed on the moon

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

@MickP54, did you see my earlier comment?

Was this a "leave behind" landline deal with your Full Fibre?

How is your current package actually described in My Account?

To cancel anything, you always have to phone in: 03451 720088.

However, I will move this to the billing section for staff to look into the wording of that message, so hold fire before taking any action. 

0 Likes

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

Hi Michael,
We're always looking to make sure our customers get the best value connection possible. However, with more and more devices that rely on broadband, usage on our network has continued to soar. That's why we are continually investing in our network and the full fibre rollout, to help customers benefit from the latest technology, that can deliver faster speeds.
At the same time, our network supplier Openreach has increased their prices based on the peak of the inflation rate in October 2022*. In line with our terms and conditions, the price you pay for your Landline Service will go up by £3.34 from 8th April 2023.

As a TalkTalk customer, you can always rely on great value, by saving money at any speed, with totally unlimited data and award-winning customer experience.
Thanks for being a TalkTalk customer and relying on us to keep your home connected and provide you with a great value service. You can see your full terms and conditions here.
Your TalkTalk Team
0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Did it say landline, or package? As I said, there are no landline charges as such. 

Feel free to post details from the email, minus any personal information of course. 

0 Likes

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

OK thanks for that, none of this was mentioned at the time of installation of FTTP

Its just that I received an email from talktalk today saying that my landline charges were being increased by £3.34 a month on the 8 April? Will talktalk correct this?

Many thanks

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

OK, I see you have said in your other topic that you have FTTP. In which case there is no landline, nor line rental to be removed, as I mentioned earlier. If you have VoIP enabled there is no added charge unless you actually make any calls. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

@MickP54, I see that you have opened another thread.

Stay with this one, in order to avoid duplication on the forum. 

Did you keep the landline specifically when moving over to Full Fibre? It's sometimes specified as "leave behind" or similar.

In which case, it should be possible to cancel that part of your package. 

Are you sure that My Account has been updated fully to reflect Future Fibre?

This can all be checked by staff when they reach your thread. I'll escalate this one and remove the more recent post.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

If you are on a Future Fibre service it is data only. There is no line rental. 

0 Likes