cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Complaints procedure is a farce !

Mally4
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I have, in the last day or so, received my bill for the package i have.

My package is broadband fibre 65 which i have had since i joined talktalk.

The latest bill had an addition of "Unlimited UK calls boost" added to it.

I have not asked for this to be added, i do not even have a home phone / landline.

I made it clear when i spoke to someone when i joined that i would never be using the phone service as we all use mobile phones. So why has this charge been added to my bill ?

I have tried to get through on the "live chat", which is as dead as a dodo, i get NO response from anyone at talktalk at all. The comnplaints procedure pages take so long to load that my log in gets timed out and i have to start all over again.

I want someone from talktalk to get in touch and explain why the service is so crap that i cannot chat to anyone.I aslo want an explanation as to why someone has added an item to my package without my authorisation, which i consider a breach of contract on talktalk's part.

If needs be i will get in touch with Resolver and the Ombudsman about this matter so someone at talktalk had best get in touch soon, that is if they actually read these posts.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

@Mally4,  I apologize if your feel my response was in any way sarcastic, that was not my intention, we do have a lot of customers who don't check their bills or My Account they only check the outgoings form their bank (which is what I do TBH), and as AllyM has pointed out all the information is in full view.  I cant find the historical offers from 2021 but I suspect that the supersafe boost was part of your contract which expired after 24 months. 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

@Mally4 ,

They shouldn't add in extras you don't want and/or haven't asked for but mistakes happen (system glitches, human error etc) so it's always advisable to keep an eye on things for yourself rather than assume they have been done correctly.

I don't mean to make excuses for an error happening, but if you were checking your bill each month then you should have seen the boost listed on every bill, even if it was free, along with the date the discount was due to end if you click to see all the details (see one of my previous bills below), and could have dealt with the issue a long time ago, before you ended up getting charged.

Free calls boostFree calls boost

Boost discount endBoost discount end

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

The calls boost has been on you account since 2021 (discounted to free) which expired on this new bill, do you check your bill each month? -- A tad sarcastic there !

In reply -- Do you check my opening account where i stated i did not need,want or require anything connected to a home phone ?

we also emailed you 30 days before, to to advise the discount was ending, sorry you missed it.-- I received no such email i even checked my spam folder evry day.

For the record -- Yes i DO check my bill each month which is how i noticed the extra charge that i had previously stated was not needed. The customer should always be contacted first to ask if the "extras" are still needed when it's contract renewal time, you should not just assume that things are ok to continue, which i probably wont be doing when this contract runs out.

Message 4 of 8

Hi Mally4

The calls boost has been on you account since 2021 (discounted to free) which expired on this new bill, do you check your bill each month?   You will have seen it active,  we also emailed you 30 days before, to to advise the discount was ending, sorry you missed it. 

I can see that It has now been removed your next bill will contain a credit for the boost price charged this month. 

Sorry for any confusion. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

The bill you received cannot be altered, @Mally4.

So the full charge will go through.

However, staff can ensure that you receive a credit as appropriate, if this was never supposed to be part of your package. 

They should also be able to help you remove the boost so that this can't happen again. 

Please wait for staff to respond - each post pushes your thread back in their automated workflow.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Mally4
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

I know i have a landline, i do NOT have a landline phone, which is what i told the agent i spoke to when i first joined talktalk. She tried to get me to buy add on packages until i told her i had no home phone and that i did not want any add on's.

My question is, why can someone just add a "boost" to my account when i never asked for it ?

I want it taken off my bill BEFORE i pay it or i will take this matter further.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Check previous bills, @Mally4, and your original email confirmation and contract. 

The contract is often set up with this free for x months.

You do have a landline as part of any ADSL or FTTC package, regardless of whether you think you are using it as this brings you your Broadband service. They can't be separated on the older networks. Only Fibre to the Premises would give you a data only package. 

You should be able to remove the boost from My Account. 

If you can't, please let us know, and staff will respond when your thread reaches them in the workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes