cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Engineers fee

Stupot1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

HI,

I’ve been charged an engineers fee?

Basically a fault was found on the faulty  goods of talk talk! Namely their modem was @ faulty! Why I should pay for this I don’t know? My internet had been crashing, low speeds etc for quit some time! Surely this isn’t right and should be withdrawn?!

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

The modem wasn’t fit for the service I was receiving & found to be faulty too!

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

@Stupot1 ,

You started off by saying that the router was faulty. Are you now saying that it wasn't faulty but rather it wasn't capable of connecting to the new service you had upgraded to?

What router model was it and service did you upgrade to and from?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

I had upgraded & wasn’t Sent an upgrade router, hence the bad service.

Yes the BT engineer found the router to be the issue. After checking the bt point.

He then change the line box (upgraded) as this was out of date also! But not at fault!!!
But tried to charge me for this. I didn’t ask or even imply they he should change it, I’m guessing he was try to justify some sort of fee?!

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

@Stupot1 ,

I'm guessing that an Openreach Engineer was arranged, who in turn found the Modem/Router to be faulty, resulting in Openreach charging TalkTalk for the visit.

I obviously have no idea what happened when you reported the fault to TalkTalk but you may have had a better experience if you had come to this forum, as I have seen staff frequently send a new router to customers for testing purposes to rule that out in the first instance, assuming tests their end don't flag up any potential problems with the line.

I'm not sure what you mean by "upgrade their outdated equipment". They will replace a router if it goes faulty or if you upgrade to a broadband service which requires a different router but they won't routinely replace perfectly good ones just in case they goes faulty at some point - That would just increase the cost of the service for everyone.

There is always the option of buying and using your own router, as many of us do for various reasons. In many years of using broadband, I've never known any of my routers to ever go faulty, and if it does I've still got the ISP's one to use for testing purposes and for use as an emergency short term spare.

TalkTalk, as you have found, use various overseas call centres, and the quality of service can vary wildly. The main reason for doing this, I would imagine, is cost. They are, at the end of the day, a budget ISP. If you want to go with a premium ISP who use only UK call centres and pay a premium price for the privilege, that is your choice to make.

0 Likes

Stupot1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Managed to resolve this issue. Clearly Talk Talk need to upgrade their outdated equipment more frequently!!! And look after existing customers too!

Why should? Anyone have to put up with call centres, in a different part of the world! “Communication issues”  

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Stupot1 

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Did you ever get this sorted out, @Stupot1?

Please let us know. 

If you need further help, staff will need to identify your account. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information and complete this area. Save Changes. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes