cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Switched to different provider but still being charged

makwyf
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Good afternoon. I switched to Plusnet from TalkTalk and began a contract with them on September 18th, 2023. I am still getting emails today stating that I owe TalkTalk money - at time of writing it's £83.08. Having queried this via webchat I received an email to say the following:

"Upon investigating your account I do see that your account is still active as TalkTalk is still providing your with the services, there was no order placed for the cease or account disconnection.

Your new service provider have not yet contact us regarding your line take over, as they were supposed to take over your line. Your account is still active that is why you are still getting billed monthly."

Having brought this up with Plusnet, they have absolutely assured me that they have taken over the line from TalkTalk. So this begs the question, why am I still being billed by TalkTalk?

Help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi makwyf

The outstanding balance has been removed. 

Sorry for any confusion. 

Message 2 of 11

That looks like it has been passed to a third-party debt collector by TalkTalk. Wait for further advice from TalkTalk when they pick this up again. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

@makwyf, Talktalk's own guidance stresses the need to contact Talktalk, to be absolutely sure that an account is being closed.

There are so many variables in the process these days that it is difficult to know what exactly Plusnet means by "going by the book", and it's not helping that you haven't clarified whether or not you had changed from FTTC to FTTP, or whether you kept your number during the switch.

That really makes s difference regarding who is responsible for what:

Screenshot_20240207-172928_Chrome.jpg

Now that the service with Talktalk has been cancelled, the billing will take a while to tidy up. Whatever they decide in the end about the rights and wrongs of the bill, it's better to pay now, rather than have to cope with the debt collection agents as it can take time to recover a good credit rating otherwise. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-final-bill/ta-p/2205229

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

makwyf
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

Good afternoon.

I have today received an email to say that Debt & Revenue Services are managing my unpaid account. As I was being provided a service I had no idea about - whether it be your fault or my new provider's - I really don't see how this is any longer an issue for me.

I have zero interest in paying "my bill", and I urge you to contact Plusnet (who are adamant they've done everything by the book) to settle the bill.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

I have received an email now to say that the cancellation is going through, so thank you. I presume I just sit back and let it happen now?

Thanks everyone, all your help was very welcome!

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Hi makwyf

I can see that a cancellation request has been put through. 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

@makwyf wrote:

Having brought this up with Plusnet, they have absolutely assured me that they have taken over the line from TalkTalk. So this begs the question, why am I still being billed by TalkTalk?

That seems to be the key point. Plusnet may well have taken over your line, but did they notify TalkTalk? Did you keep your existing phone number, or was this a Full Fibre switch? 

0 Likes

1grubbert4
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Sorry to hear, makwyf, it seems that several orders/changes have not been implemented in 2023. I have seen other forum postings about new contracts/orders not going through, my September 2023 had the same issue. I've also known a couple of people who continued to be billed after leaving TalkTalk in the last couple of years.

The chat support is essentially clueless, unfortunately. I would recommend lodging a complaint (via chat) and requesting a callback from the complaints team - the chat agents will try to fob you off, so demand a callback to get it sorted. It should be fairly easy to sort out when speaking to someone. You can always use X/twitter to showcase this terrible service (I joined twitter just for that purpose and it worked)!

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Unfortunately cancellations cannot be dealt with via this forum so you will need to phone and speak to the loyalty team. 

This sounds like an issue between Plusnet and TalkTalk but in order to mitigate your losses you need to give TalkTalk notice officially yourself and ask Plusnet to prove they gave TalkTalk a cease notice, so you can reclaim your costs.

If you asked Plusnet to deal with this it should be up to them to pursue on your behalf.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes