cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Why does my bill increase every month

jojobabycakes
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I renewed my contract in January , £29 a month fixed price plus package so why was it increased to £34.86 last month and this month its £39.81? My total bill this month is £57.31. Last month i paid the bill 4 days after it was due with no charges yet when i got an email this month to say my bill was ready i already had £12.50 late payment fees added. I have just seen an advert on tv for the same service i have for £26 & here i am with a bill for £57.... i wouldnt of renewed my contract if id known all these extra charges were going to be added every month. I logged in today expecting to pay £34 as i have a £5 tv add on, now im expected to find an extra £23 which is impossible 

20230418_124819.jpg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi jojobabycakes

There are no restrictions on your line at the moment, A callback has been arranged for you in the next few days when that call arrives they should be able to sort out the contract at a much lower price than you are currently paying. 

Let us know how it goes.

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

@jojobabycakes ,

I don't understand why they couldn't help you  with your renewal via live chat. I negotiated my renewal via chat earlier in the year. Did you actually ask for the Loyalty Team?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Staff on here are not authorised to fix up contracts, @jojobabycakes.

If you have not got a mobile to try to reach Talktalk on, try asking a friend or neighbour (check if they already have a calls package, to avoid running up a bill) to see if they could allow you to ring in - you do not need to be calling from your own line to reach support. 

You will need to have your security information with you.

Post back on here when you think you have got it fixed up as staff can double check the details and that it has actually gone through. 

They just can't set it up for you.

If you haven't got the Anytime Calls Boost on there, see if you can get it at half price. Full price is £16 per month and you can remove it after one month. It might seem like an expensive extra, but if you are exceeding the budget for calls @ 24p per minute, this would help keep your bills under control. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

jojobabycakes
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Ive tried to contact by live chat but was directed to an enquiry form & told someone will respond within 2 days. I cannot phone the loyalty team as my phone line is restricted atm. Im so worried about all this. My bill this month is £74. I got paid today but i only get £63 & that has to last me til friday. I just hope they dont restrict my internet otherwise i have no way to contact anyone. 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

@jojobabycakes wrote:

Last month i paid the bill 4 days after it was due with no charges yet when i got an email this month to say my bill was ready i already had £12.50 late payment fees added. 

You got a late payment charge because your paid your previous bill late. Once a bill has been produced it can't just be changed, so they won't automatically add a late payment charge at the point it becomes overdue. If you pay late, a late payment charge will be added to the next bill.

As for your contract, I would recommend you contact the Loyalty Team as Arne suggests, either by phone or live chat. You should be able to get a better deal than £29 per month.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi jojobabycakes

Your account is out of contract unfortunately the renewal ordered in January did not go through so you are paying full price for the service.

Best option would be to call the loyalty team on 03451720088 They will be able to help.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes