cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband WiFi Connection Problems

opticfibre
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 50 of 50

Hi, I most recently reported this problem about 6 weeks ago but it actually goes back at least 18 months.  I chatted with Chris about it and for a while it seemed to resolve itself, but then returned.

My house is a typical 2-storey detached 1981 built house. 

The TT  Sagemon Fast router (replaced about 5 months ago) is located in upstairs bedroom, alongside main desktop PC (ethernet connected).  The Wifi extender TT provided about 6 weeks ago is downstairs at one end of long living room.  

Our 4 devices (2 mobile phones, 2 laptops) are mainly used downstairs in the living room, and continually lose Wifi connection (several times a day).  Wifi connection can only be regained by bringing the phone or laptop  close to the main router.  Bringing them close to the wifi extender does not have any effect.

The phones often show “Obtaining IP address . . .”.  One phone (Samsung S10e) is worse than the other (LG G6)

Both phones keep switching to 4G, thus incurring charges.

The ethernet-connected PC is usually OK but sometimes I have problems when linked up to a friend on MSFS 2020.

The ethernet-connected Smart TV occasionally says no internet connection, but then regains connection.

I'm really at a loss to know what to do.  TalkTalk, I must get this problem resolved . . .

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 41 of 50

Hi Debbie,

As you can see from my initial summary  it mainly affects the wifi-connected devices, but the TV occasionally reports 'no internet connection'.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 50

Hi opticfibre

I'm sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, is this only affecting the wireless connection? Is the wired connection ok?

0 Likes

opticfibre
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 43 of 50

Debbie,

I'm afraid it has made no difference, sorry.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 50

Debbie,

It has made no difference, sorry.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 45 of 50

Hi opticfibre

Ok no problem. Hope you have a good weekend 🙂

0 Likes

opticfibre
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 46 of 50

Debbie, I am away for the weekend, back Monday PM, so suggest I let you know Tuesday.  

Thanks.

Message 47 of 50

Hi opticfibre

Thank you 🙂

I will check in again with you on Monday to see how the connection has been.

Debbie

0 Likes

opticfibre
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 48 of 50

Hi, thank you, I will monitor the Wifi over the next few days and let you know. 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 49 of 50

Hi opticfibre

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares?

Thanks

0 Likes