cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Delayed change of address - please help!

k_spruce515
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Can someone help me please.

So I temporarily moving out of the UK for roughly 3 months.  I am in the middle of a fixed term contract so I am happy to keep paying the bills until I come back to the UK. 

I am in a rental property and I am giving up the property when I leave for 3 months and then I will be moving into somewhere new upon my return to the UK. I will then pay for a change address with TalkTalk. I do not yet know this new address.

My question is, what should I do for that 3 month period? I obviously don't want to leave the wifi installed in the property whilst I'm not there, just incase a new tenant does something dodgy on it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

K

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I see Arne's picked up and is on the case for you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Yes, Martin is absolutely correct that if you and the new tenant agree on the new tenant taking over your contract you can both complete a Change of ownership form. This would rely on you knowing the incoming tenant and arranging the transfer before you leave.

However, if the new tenant disagreed or is moving their existing broadband contract to the premises they would be unable to take over your line until you cancel although they could have a new line installed assuming the landlord agreed and a new line install was available.

Your original plan didn't to me seem viable because you'd still be responsible for the service and resolving any fault issues unless the tenant was made a nominated user. You could ask Customer Service to bar any additional spending on the contract but a nominated user could override that.  You'd then, on your return, move your broadband contract to your new home and that would leave the tenant without a broadband service. So, that would also mean you'd need to liaise with the tenant on your return to recover your TalkTalk equipment or have them take over your broadband contract at that point. 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi @k_spruce515

Do you know who will be taking over the property?   You could try the change of ownership process.  

If that is not a possibility then the only option is to cancel you have to do this via phone on 03451720088. 

Regards

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Contracts cannot be put on hold, you'll have to cancel as advised above or arrange for the new tenant to take over your contract.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

If you're moving out of the property then your only option is to cancel the contract and pay early termination fees.

Depends on what your monthly recurring charge is. The early termination fees are much less than the monthly fees so probably similar to what you might have paid for the 3 months.

Cancel your TalkTalk service 

0 Likes