cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet speed has gone down two days on the trot!

jwatson
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 31 of 31

Hi, my internet is not the fastest where I am, but I usually maintain a steady 20mb download. Tuesday morning around 2am, there was some activity on my router log, and the speed went down to 18mb. Then this morning at 2am, same again, this time down to 16.5mb!

03.08.2022 02:40:04InfoXDSL
VDSL connectivity is up port 1
03.08.2022 01:58:24InfoXDSL
VDSL connectivity is down port 1

Last time this happened, I think the profile was reset (I think). Can I have my minimum of 20mb back please?

JW

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

I have used both! The cable comes in through a window, which is where the socket is, I have no extensions! I live in a small bungalow!

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 22 of 31

Is that using the test socket, or just in the regular socket ?

0 Likes

jwatson
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 23 of 31

OK, it's finally come back up, hours later... but still very slow, 16.5mb download!

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 24 of 31

If the master phone socket has a test socket it would still be worth testing the router in there, as sometimes the socket faceplate can develop faults, so trying the router in the test socket will eliminate that as a possibility.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 31

Yes, the online tools say all is OK! The cable comes into my window, and that's it, so no cableing involved!

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 26 of 31

Hi @jwatson,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes

jwatson
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 27 of 31

My internet is totally down now! Orange light flashing on router for ages (hours)!

JW

0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Hi

This will start a new session with the exchange, and we can see if DLM will start to raise the profile back up.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jwatson
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 29 of 31

Hi Karl, thanks for the reply. OK, the router has been powered off and unplugged for 45 minutes, it's just come back up again now, download speed is still only 16.5.

JW

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 30 of 31

Hi

All usual tests on your line are clear and no issues are showing.

Can you power off the router for 30 minutes to allow a new session to start then we can see if the profile will increase over the next 48hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes