cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New term....same old TT

Hangingbyathread
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Below is the email I received from TT.....on 17 - 03 - 23

The first option available ...stay on your contract and pay £23.95 per month.

The second (more expensive) fibre 65 for £26.00 per month.

So ...

They have taken for the last April month...£39.95.....

Did not inform me fully of what would happen....this always happens with TT...

Charged me £16.00 for phone calls anytime....and we didn't use the phone once....very misleading.

I should have gone years ago....

Please someone at TT tell me why it's such a common occurrence...

MG

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Hangingbyathread

Thanks for your post.

Sorry that you are unhappy with the communications received, I do have to point out that the contract end dates and discount end dates are displayed in My Account on your bill, But I will pass on your feedback regarding the email. 

If you do wish to renew  call the loyalty team on 03451720088

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hello - Yes the mobile is used all the time ....and the landline is only there for incoming.

The problem with TT is communication....I learned years ago more is done in this medium than on the phone to TT....unless one wishes to spend a day or more trying to get a result.

They should be clear in emails as to what needs doing....our lives are shall we say intense with the process of existing in this system.

When you have had a quite a few decades in this reality it gets even harder to scrutinise all incoming data....or lack of it in TTs case.

Simplicity helps.

I should know better there is always something to trip one up with TT....

Thanks

MG.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hello Ste_Nix14,

Yes expired...but TT are never very clear when they communicate...(Been with them for what seems a lifetime, always the same end of term)

I am a free agent so to speak...(end of term).

They have managed to reset the call deal to the highest level, for billing good old capitalists....but should have made that clear....and if they had I would have adjusted accordingly (in the settings).

We are awash with mobiles ....with call deals to Mars and beyond ....so phone not that important. It's just there to let scammers call and get blocked.

My annoyance is the lack of clarity as always with TT....I dread end of contract....and trying to talk to them is a days worth of time and more lost...

Here I am now jobs to do ....and again sorting or trying to sort out problems with not only TT but other wonderful businesses that insist on saying the minimal.

TT dashboard now been adjusted....lets see what the TT reps have to say on the matter.

Thanks

MG

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

The email that tells you about the pending expiry of the fixed term contract only covers the core products, @Hangingbyathread

Any previously discounted  / free as a deal boosts are not part of the contract they are offering. Anytime calls can be removed at any time after one month, with no breakage fee.

If you remove that part, then later re-add it you usually can't get the same deal, because it might be half price or full price only at the time. So it's best to leave it on there when it is free, but not forget about it. 

If you don't need the calls boost, it's something you can remove yourself (unless your My Account is plagued with a fault, in which case ring in or ask Chat to remove it for you).

Its current full price is £16.00, which accounts for the precise extra amount on your bill. 

To renew your contract, we always recommend on here that you phone or use Chat to fix up the deal. You can then check carefully what is and isn't included, and get it checked over by staff on here.

If you do remove the boost, remember that the cost of calls is far higher than a few years ago per minute.

@ 24p per minute it adds up very quickly. 

So many of us only use the landline to ring free numbers or take incoming calls, and ring out on a mobile the rest of the time.

The less personal approach of the email is only really useful as an alert to think about what to do next. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Has your current package expired and have you chosen a new package to renew with?

On your bill it should show you what they have charged for what and why, was it a package charge or indavidual calls?

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!
0 Likes