cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router keeps disconnecting and connecting again.

Veiled
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hi all,

I am having some issues with my router as it keeps disconnecting ( Beeping orange, orange white and white again intermittently.)

I have moved houses and my connection got live at 25th, first few days I had no issues at all but past few days have been frustrating as I cannot do my work at all. The router was replaced few months ago and had no issues until now. My connection speeds are fine when it is working but with these constant drops I cannot do much. I have raised a fault but this is still in progress I need some help getting this fixed as soon as possible. I was told this could be cause of optimisation but it should not disconnect me.

Using Black wifi hub and on 65 Fibre. I have tried resetting the router by pressing 20 seconds with a pin on the back of the router.

Fault Number: REP-13210018

Hope to hear from you.

Many thanks,

Veiled

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Ian,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

IanMalpass1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 22

Did You get it sorted ? 

Mine is doing the same but trying to contact TT is a pain & its as if NO-ONE IS LISTENING!

What was the fault?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Morning,

Thanks for letting us know and please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hi Karl,

I have disconnected from test socket and reconnected to the Master socket and been testing for a week with no issues.

I suspect optimisation caused all these unfortunate issues.

At the moment everything is working as expected with nothing to report back.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Hi

How are things so far, is the connection remaining stable ?

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Morning,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on over the week.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Morning Michelle,

I am still connected to the test socket line and only had one disconnections over the weekend.

I will be switching back to the master socket tomorrow and observe this week.

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you've found the stability over the weekend?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Hi Chris, so far so good with the test socket. Can I continue to be connected to this socket or should I switch to master socket and observe to find the root cause?

I do not think I have experienced any loss of connection today.

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22
0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

I will be observing this rest of the day and will put an update by the evening or tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi Veiled,

How has it been since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

The issue still remains. I have connected to the test socket to observe and within 10 minutes the router disconnected and reconnected three times.

I think there is an issue with the phone line? Would be great to have some insight on what needs to be done.

I will be connected to the test line and keep on observing.

Thank you,

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

OK thanks. I'd see how it goes and if you do experience any further disconnections then it would be worthwhile testing at the test socket to make sure that your internal wiring isn't causing any issues

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hi Chris,

There is 4 I believe but the router is only working with the master socket. Today I have not experienced any issues so far no disconnection/reconnection. Perhaps something to do with optimisation?

If you need me to connect to the test socket please let me know.

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi Veiled,

Thanks for adding your account number. Is you router currently connected to the test socket (the socket behind the master socket faceplate)?

How many telephone sockets do you have in your home?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Hi Michelle,

Yes, the phone number is correct and I have updated the private notes with the account number.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please can you add your account number to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Thanks @Veiled good info for the team tomorrow morning. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

Hi @Divsec 

The router is plugged to the master socket with openreach mark. I do not use landline phone at all so I am not sure if there is a fault with that but the lady I spoke on livechat said there is no line fault.