cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Samsung smart TV failing to connectto network

stevieg803
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Good morning all. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Every time I switch on my samsung smart TV it fails to connect to my talktalk network and report "failed to get auto IP" The only way i can connect to the network is by rebooting the router. I have tried online chat with talktalk and they have not been very helpful. My broadband seem fine up to the router. The wifi signal from the router goes to a TP link RE 750 booster/extender in the next room and I have the smart TV connected to that via ethernet cable. Are there any setting I could make in the talktalk router to refresh the auto IP allocation or could anyone advise me how to allocate a static IP address to the TV as that might avoid the problem. I am not overly network experienced so my thoughts may well be talking nonsense. Thanks in advance for any suggestions . This problem has only started in the last few weeks but is becoming very frustrating not to mention time consuming doing several router reboots a day. I am prepared to buy a different wifi extender if I though that would help. The broadband is Talktalk fibre 60

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Many thanks again Piethorne (Whizz Kid),

that would explain why I had not heard of Mesh. Unfortunately I have just checked the talktalk router and it is a Sagecom one. I like your idea of reserving the extender's IP address in the router and that sounds like it would take the auto ip problem out of the equation. It looks like I need a few hours on google to try and figure out how to do that. Thank you very much for the help and direction. Keith French has very kindly helped me in the past with bad wifi signals and interference so that may well also be a factor this time as well. Many thanks again. Should i figure out how to reserve that IP address I will post back on here to let you know the outcome

best Rgds

Steve

Update: I did find a button marked Reserve IP. I can select that then apply but it just reverts back to not reserved.

Piethorne
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Ah, that's not a mesh device then.The only way I can think of is reserving the extender's IP address in the router. The exact method will depend on whether it's the Huawei or Sagemcom. (I can only advise with the Huawei)

The reason it may have started messing up is wifi interference from other devices - even neighbouring homes. @KeithFrench may be able to help you with that.

(I don't use wifi extenders myself - prefer hard wiring)

I'm just a customer who might be able to help, not official help & support.

stevieg803
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your response, my mistake sorry I used the name the network had allocated it. it is actually a tp link re650  ac2600 MU-MIMO WI-FI RANGE EXTENDER. I dont know what mesh is sorry but I do know that extender has been working fine for a few years. Thanks again

0 Likes

Piethorne
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

I can't find a reference to a RE750. Do you mean the RE200 AC750 ?

According to TP-Link:-

"OneMesh only works between a OneMesh router and OneMesh Wi-Fi Extenders/Powerlines"

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/onemesh/product-list/

You could try reserving the IP for the extender in the router.

I'm just a customer who might be able to help, not official help & support.