cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Tplink wi fi extender loses Internet 3pm every day

AndyB71
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Not sure why but the Internet connection is lost at 3pm everyday whilst connection direct to the router is OK.

Any ideas what can be done?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Glad to hear that you've got to the bottom of it, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi,

Just to close this off it looks like I got to the bottom it.

We had a tplink powerline in a separate building to get the Internet to it, which wasn't a great connection due to electrical switches etc. When an electrical device was used most afternoons in this building this appears to have disconnected the tplink and then the rest of the powerline adapters would reset, causing the Internet outage.

I've swapped the powerlines for a range extender which can just reach the building and the Internet hasn't dropped, even when the identified device was being used.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Message 4 of 12

Hi

Not aware of anything on a timer, so will ban everyone from turning on anything electrical between 2pm and 3pm and then try and isolate the cause!

Will let you know.

Cheers

Andy

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Andy,

Have you noticed if this coincides with any electrical device being switched on or or off in your home, possibly something on a timer?

Chris

Message 6 of 12

Hello

That's correct.

Laptop connected via ethernet direct to router was not affected

Mobile phone connected to router WiFi not affected

TV connected via ethernet to tplink lost Internet, while the above two did not.

Hope that helps.

Andy

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Morning,

Thanks for the update. So just to confirm, the connection remains 100% stable with the extender removed, however as soon as you test with the extender re-connected, the connection drops everyday between 2-3pm?

Thanks

0 Likes

AndyB71
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

Hi

The ethernet and wifi direct to the router have remained connected. However the tplink lost Internet at 2.34pm. Everything still had power but the Internet was unavailable. 

Any ideas?

Andy

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

OK, let me know what happens.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

AndyB71
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

There are no devices/timers set for that time, and we did connect via ethernet into the tplink yesterday which also dropped out at 3pm.

The direct router connection referred to was over WiFi, so I'll try ethernet around 3pm to see what happens. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi

If a direct connection to the router is working fine, then this would not point to an external issue. If the TP link extender is losing the connection, have you checked if anything has been set - if you have the TP link app set up.

Are there any devices, timers for heating etc in the home that could trigger this ?

Does the TP link extender allow ethernet connections as well as WiFi, and if connected to the extender via ethernet if possible, does this also drop ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes