cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WIFI OPTIMISATION

Chris1012
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 46

I recently switched to Talktalk broadband and I'm having issues with WIFI optimisation and channel hopping causing certain devices to disconnect from the WIFI network. From reading these pages I understand that a Talktalk employee can disable this feature on my router? Please can this be actioned?

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

Message 41 of 46

Ok, thanks. If you could give a couple of dates and times when you experience the problem we could ask our Product team to take a look to see if there's anything that could be causing the problem

Chris

0 Likes

Message 42 of 46

Everything else appears to be fine, it's just the 3D printer that I can't connect to some of the time. I'm sure setting and fixing the wifi channel number would help, but if this is not possible in the router then a restart of the printer solves the issue.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 46

OK thanks, do your other device appear to be OK, is it just the 3D printer that you're experiencing problems with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 44 of 46

Hi Chris,

The device is only a few feet away from the router. I had a similar issue with my previous ISP/router (SKY) and it was partly solved by setting the channel number in the router (it would still disconnect, but not as often). It's not a big issue since the device (a 3D printer) isn't used everyday and a restart makes it connect again to the wifi.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 45 of 46

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry, we are unable to disable wifi optimisation at the moment. Approximately how far are the device experiencing the disconnections, from the router?

Chris

0 Likes