cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Anyone who has lost access to their email

NickCox99
Participant
Private Message
Message 55 of 55

Just thought it may be worth me explaining what I've discovered... this is the story I can work out

Read these steps fully! So many people are saying 'I've changed my settings but it's still not working' ..... You need to read each step and action them, your account will not start working just by changing the settings!

1) Originally the email settings were not using encryption, which isn't great

2) Talk-Talk have decided to ensure email access uses encryption, this is a good move on their part

3) To encourage everyone doing this they have restricted any accounts to webmail only if they have not update to accessing email using encryption (the new settings), as per their email (I'm guilty of not doing this)

You need to Read these steps fully and....

1) Change your settings to the new setting on all devices, if any device is seen accessing your email using the old settings your account will be limited to webmail at some point

2) If you are too late, and you have already been restricted to webmail, you need to change all your settings asap, although this won't allow you to access your email yet, this will be in preparation for the next step... (so just change the settings and accept they don't work yet)

3) In this web page go to 'My Settings' top right of this screen, got to 'Personal Information' and put in the email addresses in the 'private notes', this will allow support to know what your email address is.

4) Raise a new topic/start a new thread on here asking the support guys (who are great by the way!), to reactivate your email.... If you don't start a new thread they won't see your new request. If you already have a thread just comment that you have changed all your settings and need your email reactivated.

5) Read these steps fully! Your account won't suddenly start working, it will take a few days for the guys to re-instate your account.

Hope that helps everyone. support guys, please update, change if this isn't correct.

54 REPLIES 54

ovigalltd
First Timer
Private Message
Message 1 of 55

Thanks for that - very helpful. But is it true that the onetel email addresses are going to be discontinued in the near future?

If that happens, will they be replaced by a talk talk email address?

Thanks 

Mike

0 Likes

Message 2 of 55

Hi ttmp1 

Where did the email come from then and what was the reason for that email if she is not the TalkTalk customer account holder? There are phishing emails in circulation.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

ttmp1
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 55

"Ensure that your wife's details are added in Private Notes in the Personal Information details. SAVE CHANGES". This was done a while ago before several offers to reactivate the account

My wife is not the TalkTalk customer account holder. Her email address is not used as the customer MyAccount login address / username?

Is there any truth in the email she received that @talktalk.net are now legacy email addresses and no longer supported ?

Why would this be a new thread when I have followed NickCox99 instructions in Post 52 of this thread?

MR
0 Likes

Message 4 of 55

Hi ttmp1 

Is your wife the TalkTalk customer account holder or her email address used as the customer MyAccount login address / username? The normal reason for a genuine email from TalkTalk is that there's been a problem getting ebill notifications to the customer account holder's email address.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 55

Please start a new thread for this issue, @ttmp1, as it's not the same as the others on this thread. 

Return to the message board and click on start a topic.

Ensure that your wife's details are added in Private Notes in the Personal Information details. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ttmp1
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 55

I have done everything requested and been told my wife's account will be reactivated, but then she received an email saying "We have updated our systems over the years and now it does not allow us to use the aol/talktalk.net email addresses as they are now recognized as one of our legacy email address". Where has this sprung from? We have not been notified in advance and I have not seen it mentioned in any thread?

MR
0 Likes

Message 7 of 55

Hi Marc, please start a new topic of your own and confirm that all mail clients are now configured to use the secure settings.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jeffm
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 55

That's great... But I removed my email account on android phone app because it wasn't working (didn't see the email) and thought I'd re setup my email account all over again... Problem is it won't let me even if I use the suggested setting from the TT website!! HELP!!

0 Likes

mlab54
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 55

Hello there - following the instructions I hope. I have also lost access to email account, details in the Private Notes as instructed. Was working fine up to about 2 days ago, checked settings and all looks good (and I have 2 more similar addresses working without problems).

Please restore access as it is my wife's main email.

Many thanks,  Marc

0 Likes

GeoffM2
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 55

Thank you NickCox, that's a great help.  A time- and frustration-saver! You're a star!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 55

Since last week  all my devices suddenly were able to receive and send emails. This was a surprise as I didn’t seem to be getting anywhere in unlocking my mail accounts. Nevertheless  I am back where I want to be so I shall leave things as they are. Thanks.

David

0 Likes

Message 12 of 55

Ok, there are no issues with your mailboxes at this end. This means that the problem must be with the way your email is setup. You have been given advice on how to check and change your mail settings in your client. Have you followed those steps and ensured that you have the correct settings? You can also get more help in the Email Hub

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 13 of 55

Hi Ady,

Please don’t take offence but I haven’t a clue about what you’re asking me to do. 
Recheck?

Mail settings?

Clients?

You’ll need to be more specific.

David

0 Likes

Message 14 of 55

Hi David, you need to recheck your mail settings on the clients you use for the emails. Both mailboxes are unrestricted. 

Ady

Message 15 of 55

Please start your own thread, @arttaylor.

If you add to this one your case may get lost in the labyrinth of other messages, and some of them have yet to be resolved. 

It's much more helpful for staff if you can return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

arttaylor
First Timer
Private Message
Message 16 of 55

Hi, all devices updated and my email address has been updated in the private notes. Can you please reactive the account?

Thanks. Art

0 Likes

Message 17 of 55

Hi Ady,

I am not getting any emails via the app on both my smartphone and Ipad so things are not back to normal yet.

David

Message 18 of 55

David, both of your mailboxes are already fully functional.

Ady

Message 19 of 55

Hi Ady,

No other mailbox. Once my mailbox is restored to normal function will I get access to my emails both on my smartphone and Ipad?

Thanks,

David

Message 20 of 55

Hi David, the other mailbox showing in your profile is fully functional. Is there another mailbox that needs attention.

Ady