cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Anyone who has lost access to their email

NickCox99
Participant
Private Message
Message 55 of 55

Just thought it may be worth me explaining what I've discovered... this is the story I can work out

Read these steps fully! So many people are saying 'I've changed my settings but it's still not working' ..... You need to read each step and action them, your account will not start working just by changing the settings!

1) Originally the email settings were not using encryption, which isn't great

2) Talk-Talk have decided to ensure email access uses encryption, this is a good move on their part

3) To encourage everyone doing this they have restricted any accounts to webmail only if they have not update to accessing email using encryption (the new settings), as per their email (I'm guilty of not doing this)

You need to Read these steps fully and....

1) Change your settings to the new setting on all devices, if any device is seen accessing your email using the old settings your account will be limited to webmail at some point

2) If you are too late, and you have already been restricted to webmail, you need to change all your settings asap, although this won't allow you to access your email yet, this will be in preparation for the next step... (so just change the settings and accept they don't work yet)

3) In this web page go to 'My Settings' top right of this screen, got to 'Personal Information' and put in the email addresses in the 'private notes', this will allow support to know what your email address is.

4) Raise a new topic/start a new thread on here asking the support guys (who are great by the way!), to reactivate your email.... If you don't start a new thread they won't see your new request. If you already have a thread just comment that you have changed all your settings and need your email reactivated.

5) Read these steps fully! Your account won't suddenly start working, it will take a few days for the guys to re-instate your account.

Hope that helps everyone. support guys, please update, change if this isn't correct.

54 REPLIES 54

Message 41 of 55

Done!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 55

@Helen0273, you need to start your own thread, as advised in the original post. Otherwise each appeal for help will simply get lost in this thread.

Return to the message board and click on start a topic.

You and @IanAThomson and @Bennash need to complete your community forum profile details as currently staff cannot identify your accounts. 

Don't post any personal information on the open forum pages but go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Extra information can be added at the end of Personal Information,  in the section called Private Notes. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 43 of 55

6E1D9B28-51D7-43B3-B836-C745A9E1730A.jpeg

My settings 

E9209771-8687-4D7C-80E3-CE69F194D7EE.jpeg

1E3B0BE6-2E3C-4F90-873C-F3EF038DAF50.jpeg

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 44 of 55

Good luck 🤞🏻 

0 Likes

Bennash
First Timer
Private Message
Message 45 of 55

Can someone also help me out ? I have the same issue, I have changed the settings on my iPhone as per email request. 

398D696A-2E54-4456-BDCA-6838AD49482B.png
BNash
0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 46 of 55

Hi,

I read your post a couple of hours ago. 

my email address is attached to my profile, but as of today my webmail password has all of a sudden been  incorrect, so I can’t even get into that. 

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 47 of 55

I’ve gone through all the steps over and over again with tech support and still nothing. 

30C38128-4891-40FF-94DC-6A09AFC47110.jpeg

 Still twiddling my thumbs 

0 Likes

Message 48 of 55

If you follow the steps at the top of this thread you will get everything working again. The support guys who monitor this post will sort you out, it will take a few days to action but it will start working again if you follow the steps..

NickCox99
Participant
Private Message
Message 49 of 55

If you follow the steps at the top of this thread you will get everything working again.

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 50 of 55

Join the club! Still no emails on my applications.after nearly 2 weeks  Spoke to tech support on the phone and was asked what version of IOS I was using, he said IOS 10 of 11 so I don't expect it to be sorted anytime soon. 

0 Likes

Message 51 of 55

I had multiple accounts, some worked others didn't.... it looks like the policy of restriction to webmail is being undertaken in batches, so at some point all accounts will get restricted if they are using the old non SSL/TLS settings. So make sure the ones that are still working you update the connection settings otherwise you will have to go through this whole process of re-instating the accounts.

I can confirm my accounts are now working, it took a little time to get them re-instated ( a few days and weekend ).

IanAThomson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 52 of 55

I'm looking at this, but I can't get anything to work. My primary account is broken, but a second email works fine.

0 Likes

NickCox99
Participant
Private Message
Message 53 of 55

Worth adding if you want to access your webmail the link is here:

https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/

You will also notice if you are using Outlook, sending email works in outlook with the new settings, but receiving, outlook can't log into the service, so when Outlook does its normal 'test account settings' you will see in Webmail the test email, this will give you a bit of confidence your settings are correct and it's just a matter of time for your account to be reinstated.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 55

Not just any encryption, it's SSL/TLS encryption as a minimum requirement to the TLS 1.2 standard.

Thanks for your post that I've elevated to a sticky post to the head of this forum so everyone can readily see it.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution