cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Free fibre upgrade

SEBSEB
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Has anyone had a similar experience, when I recently renewed my Fiber 65 contract I was promised a free upgrade as soon as fiber to the premises (as opposed to the cabinet) was available in my area. A little while after signing up ,I  approached an Openreach engineer who was working across the road from my house and asked him when Fiber would be available in my area , he informed me that it was already available and only needed connecting by my provider. I spoke to TalkTalk technical department who seemed to suggest that whilst the engineer was correct the connection had to authorize by another department, after speaking to an admin person I was put through to a rather Rude woman who told me that Available didn't in fact mean available to me and that I would have to sign up as a new customer, this after approx 15 years with TT

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I completely understand your point, and can only apologize again. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Arne-TalkTalk

I appreciate your comments but, you can see how confusing it can be to the general puplic who are not familiar with you systems, and certainly to me in this instance the term 'available'  meant, infrastructure (physical fiber cables, which are in place) this confusion was further compounded when the rude Woman with whome I spoke told me I could have full fiber if I signed up as a new customer.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi SEBSEB

Sorry that you are unhappy.  

It can take time for our systems to update to show the available packages for full fibre, at this time when I check your account there are no available packages for full fibre, but this will definitely change in the next few months. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused. 

Message 4 of 6

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to reply, whilst you have enlightened me about some of the complexities can you explain why the service is available to new customers in my location?

The reason I mentioned my time as a customer, is that I would have expected to be treated in a more courteous manner, which would have been easy had the person I talked with had a clue what available meant. Interestingly at renewal, I did not enquire about an upgrade it offered by the salesperson.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

It's always been a case of how much availability has been allocated with each provider, @SEBSEB.

The same when FttC.

Now with FttP there are multiple companies, not all doing the work for Talktalk in any one area.

Much more complicated to administer and provide a service than just having it installed in the pavements  etc.

Some places still have no FTTC with Talktalk, though BT offers it at the local exchange. Nothing to do with how long we have been customers for.

(16 years here and still on ADSL, their slowest service).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes