cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Picked wrong package for upgrade

Tammy11
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi, i recently upgraded, and selected the wrong package. I wanted full fibre 150 data only, but stupidly selected fibre150 with landland. 

I called and was told I'd need to have it for 30 days then i could change it to full fibre 150 Data only with a £30 admin fee.

I have been calling and web chatting with so many different people, and noone seems to understand and i keep getting different answers and being sent to different departments.

On one of my last chats, i got somewhere and was told that my full fibre order was done & i needed to call the sales team to verify the order. They said there was a technical issue with full fibre not showing as available in my street (even though it is, it was available in my initial upgrade, when i stupidly selected the wrong plan) plus if you do a search on my street it shows as available.

Anyway they put me through to Customer Services, and said that they would be able to fix the tech issue. That call lasted an hour and the lady had no clue what i was on about. Even though she said she could see the order raised. She then put me through to the tech team, who said its the system it needs updating, and put me back through to Customer services. I literally got nowhere.

I then called yesterday and was told yes i can switch to fullfibre 150, but i have to call back on the 11th May when the systems have updated and show full fibre. Or he said he could out me through to City fibre who may be able to do it sooner, as they have different systems. I said i would wait until 11th May, but i am totally confused. Are they telling me correct info. All i want to do is switch to the full fibre 150 data only , I'm happy to pay the admin fee, but i feel like this is never going to happen. Baring in mind, several other calls ended with  them saying i can't switch, i can only cancel. Please someone help me understand. Sorry for the long post. I've called so many times & spent hours going round in circles. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Tammy11

The situation is that the current service will need to be cancelled and then Full fibre needs to be ordered as G.fast cannot be upgraded to Full fibre at the moment. 

Sorry again. 

Message 2 of 12

Thank you. 😊

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

I have re-escalated this to the support team for you. Bear in mind that they aren't likely to pick this up again before next week. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

What do you mean when you say Gfast product? Sorry all these different names confuse me. 

I'll struggle with no service, as i work from home. So that's a nightmare too. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi, it was months ago now & I've got nowhere.

Yes Full fibre 150 data only was available in my upgrade package. It's like they won't let me change now. 

It's definitely available, as you can do a search on your postcode & house number to check. I understand i picked tbe wrong upgrade, that's my fault. But trying to rectify it from the day i did it has been a nightmare. I just get pushed from dept to dept. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Thanks for your response. 

Every time i call sales, they put the order in, but then they say there's a tech issue that Customer services need to remove. Noone seems to know & tell me in simple terms how to do it. Can you help with raising the order please? I've been told I'll get call backs and never do. It's been going on months now. I just don't get anywhere over the phone or on chat. Been with talktalk years, but I'm nearly ready to leave at this point. I've never found it so hard to discuss a service like this before. B

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Well spotted @AllyM.

@Tammy11 I have merged this with your earlier topic for the sake of continuity. 

Message 9 of 12

Did the package you mistakenly order comprise a Full Fibre service, or just G.fast? When you say "recently," were you made aware that you have a 14 day cooling off period?

0 Likes

Tammy11
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 12
Hi, i recently upgraded, and selected the wrong package. I wanted full fibre 150 data only, but stupidly selected fibre150 with landland. 

I called and was told I'd need to have it for 30 days then i could change it to full fibre 150 Data only with a £30 admin fee.

I have been calling and web chatting with so many different people, and noone seems to understand and i keep getting different answers and being sent to different departments.

On one of my last chats, i got somewhere and was told that my full fibre order was done & i needed to call the sales team to verify the order. They said there was a technical issue with full fibre not showing as available in my street (even though it is, it was available in my initial upgrade, when i stupidly selected the wrong plan) plus if you do a search on my street it shows as available.

Anyway they put me through to Customer Services, and said that they would be able to fix the tech issue. That call lasted an hour and the lady had no clue what i was on about. Even though she said she could see the order raised. She then put me through to the tech team, who said its the system it needs updating, and put me back through to Customer services. I literally got nowhere.

I then called yesterday and was told yes i can switch to fullfibre 150, but i have to call back on the 11th May when the systems have updated and show full fibre. Or he said he could out me through to City fibre who may be able to do it sooner, as they have different systems. I said i would wait until 11th May, but i am totally confused. Are they telling me correct info. All i want to do is switch to the full fibre 150 data only , I'm happy to pay the admin fee, but i feel like this is never going to happen. Baring in mind, several other calls ended with  them saying i can't switch, i can only cancel. Please someone help me understand. Sorry for the long post. I've called so many times & spent hours going round in circles. 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Tammy11

Im not sure why the 11th May was given

You are currently on a Gfast product so the ability  to upgrade to Full Fibre takes a bit longer as the order has to be placed separately as a new install rather than an upgrade, potentially you may have some downtime between the activation of Full Fibre and cancellation of the current service, this will have to be done through our sales team who should place the go live date as the same day as the cancellation.  

Its not ideal but it the only way at this time. 

0 Likes