cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Rant about how existing customer treatment. Joke of a company

SausageRoll
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

For the last three months, all companies, apart from TalkTalk, can offer Full Fibre to my address. When I checked online yesterday, I noticed it is now available. 45 mins on the online chat, only to be given a telephone number to call. When I called the telephone number, I was given another telephone number to call. I was transferred to another department only to be cut off. This happened three times. When I eventually got to talk to someone I was told all installation slots where now full for the day (or something like that) and to call back tomorrow!!!!! Okay, it is now tomorrow. An hour on the phone talking to three different people, during which I was cut off once, but at least he called back. Now, it transpires that Full Fibre 500 is not available to me as a customer, but if I was a new customer it would be available. That is absolutely ridiculous and shows what TalkTalk think of existing customers. I took Fibre 250 in January on the understanding and promise that when Full Fibre was available at my address I would be able to get it on the same 18 month fixed term contract at the price of £35 per month, the same as I'm paying for Fibre 250. Morale of the story is that whilst the retentions team will promise you the earth, once TalkTalk have you in-contract they just aren't interested. Would love to see them prove different, but as it stands at the end of this contract term, I'm outta here!

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

The situation hasn't changed, its not possible to upgrade your current service to full fibre without cancelling your Gfast service

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Sorry to see this is still an issue. But from what has been posted before you are not on Full Fibre presently, but G.fast which is an enhanced FTTC service. And I won't even pretend to understand the complications, but I can only go by what Arne said on 28 March. 

0 Likes

SausageRoll
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

After seeing 4 of my neighbours on the same telephone pole being connected to full-fibre (FFTP), I decided to once again try and get FFTP with TalkTalk. And once again I ended up banging my head against a brick wall.

As a new customer to TalkTalk, Full Fibre 500 is available at my address.

As an existing customer of TalkTalk, Full Fibre 500 is available through the website to me but at a price of £43pm.

However, having been promised to be able to upgrade when available at a price of £35 I entered the lair or the online chat, only to be passed through 4 departments, then back to the original department. I was repeatedly informed that Full Fibre is not available at my address (yes it is), then was told that full fibre 150 is currently available (although I am already on Full Fibre To Cabinet at 250), but not on the TalkTalk system. I was eventually transferred back to the department I started at, only to be told I had been put through to the wrong department.

In summary, Full Fibre 500 is available for my address, but I cannot get it at the price promised by TalkTalk. The only way to upgrade is if I apply for an upgrade through my account online, and for this, I will have to pay an extra £8 per month.

How can this be so complicated to sort out?

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi SausageRoll

When I check your account I don't see the option to upgrade to FTTP, and it would appear the only way is to actually cancel the Gfast connection and place a new order, this would leave you with a loss of service while the provisioning is taking place. 

I can only apologize.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Ah, so ultra fast, but not FTTP.

Your thread is in the queue for attention from staff. Best to wait for their reply now.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the reply, Gliwmaeden2. Fibre 250 is Fibre To Cabinet, with the remainder of the journey being copper, whereas Full Fibre 500 is Fibre To Property. TalkTalk confirmed that Full Fibre 500 would be available to a new customer at my address.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Fibre 250 is already Full Fibre, @SausageRoll.

There may well have been unforeseen demand for the faster service though, hence a limit again at the exchange. 

Normally to upgrade services early in a contract there is a fee - check one off payments in "pricing" in the forum search engine. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes