cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

5ghz dropping and can't reconnect

Grovesy1988
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi folks,

I'm here as a last resort having gone through talktalk webchat 4 times over the last few months. I'd be grateful for any advice. 

As the title suggests, my 5ghz connection keeps dropping. When it drops I am unable to reconnect until a router restart. The 5ghz will be visible but it either won't recognise password or dhcp error. Once restarted, all is well. This is not exclusive to one device. The 5ghz network will be visible but can't connect on any device.

So far I've tried the following;

Reset router

Same SSID

Splitting the network 

Every channel available

Powerline adapters

Range extenders

Firmware upgrade via tech support

Changed all cables

Relocated router

Disconnected devices periodically to rule out interference 

I'm at my wits end. The 2.4ghz connection is OK but I get an awful amount of latency spikes. When connected, the 5ghz gives me the full 150mbps, 100% signal strength and incredible low latency. 

Many thanks. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Grovesy1988

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Grovesy1988
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

Just wanted to say thank you to both of you for all your help. I'll continue monitoring but it seems that everything is now resolved. The replacement router hasn't disconnected once and the firmware upgrade took my signal strength from 58% to 100%.

Best wishes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Grovesy1988

Thanks for your reply.

I've updated your router firmware to the latest version.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Debbie,

It's version SG4K100136. 

Many thanks.

Message 5 of 12

Hi Grovesy1988

Thanks for your reply. Which firmware version is showing on the router?

0 Likes

Grovesy1988
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

Afternoon, 

Received the replacement router and we're all up and running. Connected with no issues and so far no drops.

Having tested the connection I think the wifi extender model number F@ST266 is having no impact on signal strength. I've reset the extender and repaired with the router. It seems to be connected but not actually doing anything. Will the new router require a firmware upgrade to be fully compatible with F@ST266? 

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Appreciate it, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

A router is now on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 10 of 12

Hi Karl,

I've just updated my profile with the landline telephone number.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi

Can you add your account number or home phone number to your 'Community Profile' and I can locate your account and send a replacement router to you, to see if this resolves the issue.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips