cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

HD channels not playing or stuttering unless recorded or paused briefly

thebanksman
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I have a Huawei Talk talk recordable TV box.

My issue is that suddenly the HD channels either show a black screen or occasionally a very stuttery picture I've discovered that if I put it on an hd channel and hit record, even though the screen is either black or static, when I watch the recording back it works fine: not what I see when watching live. I've also tried pausing the TV for a couple of seconds then unpausing it so it's not quite live, and it plays fine.

Any ideas why it's doing this please? It's come about very suddenly after no issues up until now. Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

There has been a TV charge for a number of years, and there will be a charge of £5 a month for TalkTalk entertainment that also covers the rental of the box.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Janatarl
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Watch out I did this at renewal and was told I could have a new box, Now when I ask I'm told I will be charged extra for the privilege.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

It could be the HD channels have a weak signal due to the high pressure we are experiencing at the moment, High pressure plays havoc with freeview signals. 

Or the box itself could be starting to fail.

If the latter, the box cannot be replaced as TalkTalk stopped issuing these boxes about 3 years ago.

If this is the case then the only option would be to speak with our customer loyalty teams and see if you are eligible for the new 4K TV Box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks. I've tried that as I found that suggestion on a different thread previously. I've also done a software reset and then a factory reset (keeping recordings) with retunes between each one and neither have worked.

Just to reiterate, if I select the channel and hit pause for a couple of seconds then start it playing, it works ok. Likewise if I hit record, even if the screen appears stuck, when playing it back from the recordings it plays fine.

The issue seems to be that it won't play the HD channels live.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Remove the aerial and retune. No channels will be found.  Connect the aerial back again and retune and see if this helps.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes