cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV no sound - tried everything!

Callmeavis
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi everyone,

My 4K TV box is occasionally having sound issue. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it takes 1-2 mins for the sound to come through and today there is just no sound whatsoever!

Help pls! We have tried restarting, rebooting the machine, change HDMI! 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

Did you try this on a different HDMI port on the TV or do you have access to another TV in the home to test this on ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Karl,

we have tried 4 different hdmi, still flashing like mad. Cant get it to work, we haven’t watched tv for a week now. Losing hope.

pls help!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

Can you try another HDMI cable, or test on another TV if possible.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Callmeavis
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for the new TV box but there is a  new problem. It is constantly flashing into a black screen every other 10 seconds.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

I'm showing the TV box has been Dispatched yesterday for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi

I'll get a replacement Box out to you asap.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Karl,

still no sound! I think we seriously need some urgent help. We can’t live without the TV over Xmas!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi

Try a full reset by pressing the button on the side 5 times and see if this works.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Somebody else had a similar problem recently, @Callmeavis.

See if this advice helps:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TV/No-sound-on-my-new-ngtvnetbox4kn/td-p/3006620

If you need staff support, ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details. 

Fill in the Personal Information area and then SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond during the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes