cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Youview box setup

Raymond56
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

We are trying to set up a new "Youview" box that has been sent to us by TalkTalk but without success. It says during setup to connect an Ethernet cable between the box and the router but we have full fibre broadband with an EERO router so there is no way to connect an Ethernet cable to it. Does anyone know any way to connect and setup the new TV box?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Raymond56
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 1 of 15

Hi, It all sounds rather involved so we will most likely just stick with what we have but thanks for all your help. Best regards, Raymond

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

TalkTalk no longer supply recordable boxes. The 360t box became the replacement.

The 4k box can record if you use a usb stick, but it only has one tuner and no RF loopthrough, so you cannot record one programme whilst watching another unless you split the aerial cable and use the TV tuner.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Raymond56
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 15

Hi, Yes, its been here for quite a while but I never got a chance to try it. I'm only trying it now as the old one fails intermittently but based on your advice I will leave it and it works reasonably well anyway. Do you know if the box can be replaced if it fails completely? Raymond.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 15

The 370t box is the first generation box and is now considered obsolete and does not receive updates from YouView anymore.

If it's working, albeit with intermittent faults, I'd leave it alone and not try to perform any maintenance unless it fails entirely.

You need to be aware that these boxes do fail overtime as the hard drive can become corrupted. If you try a factory or maintenance mode reset it MUST be connected to the internet to complete the set-up procedure.

Also due to its age, if there is a fault with the box, its been known for the reset to actually cause the box to fail.

As said I'd leave it alone and only consider resetting as a last resort.

Like @ferguson I'm surprised the 360t box has been sent as these have now been discontinued. Have you had it a while and just got round to trying it out?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Raymond56
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 15

Hi, Well I have to say its been sitting around for a while. I just didn't get to try it until now. I just thought I would try it as the old one very often fails to record but as the 360T doesn't record then there is no point in installing it, Thanks again. Raymond.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 15

OK, well you have a non-recording box now in the 360T. I am puzzled how you have got it if it was recently sent to be honest, as TalkTalk are ostensibly not issuing these any more.

Raymond56
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 15

Hi, I not sure. I do have powerline adapters so it may have been set up initially with those but they are not used any more but it seems to work although can intermittently not record. Raymond.

0 Likes

Raymond56
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 15

Hi, Thank for that. I didn't know that the new 360T box didn't record. The main reason I considered changing out the old one (370T) is that it very often fails to record so I had thought it may have a fault although it works most of the time successfully.  Do you know if they can have intermittent faults or might it be something to do with the signal. Raymond.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

If your 370t works and is connected and you wish to record, then you can continue to use that.

The 360t box is non recordable, but supports some of the streaming apps such as Now, Prime and the ITV Hub, which the 370t box does not.

It depends what you wish to use more, recording or streaming.

Note that if you connect both boxes to the same TV, the remote will control both boxes at the same time, so switching one on will turn both on, etc.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 15

OK, YouView boxes have never supported wireless connections. How was it connected previously? if you were using powerline adapters then you will still need to expand the ports on the eero. 

0 Likes

Raymond56
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 11 of 15

Hi, I'm just wondering if there is any way to do it wirelessly as it would be difficult to run a cable all the way to the router. The strange thing is that the old box which is a 370T works fine. We were sent this new box but I don't know why, maybe the new one has some different features. If the new one can be used wirelessly that would probably be best. Raymond.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

You can get an ethernet switch which will expand the ports on the eero and allow you to connect to the YouView box directly. I offer the following link as an example only, other models and sellers are of course available.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-LS1005G-Wallmount-Ethernet-Splitter/dp/B07VWB347G/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3...

0 Likes

Raymond56
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Its a Youview box, 360T model. The problem is that I'm not sure how to connect the Internet as there is no spare Ethernet port on the new EERO router. Do you know if it can be done by WiFi? Best regards, Raymond.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Is this a YouView box, a TalkTalk Hub box  or the Netgem 4k box.

It's only the 372T or 360T boxes that need a cable. The Hub and 4k boxes are WiFi enabled 

If it's a 372T or 360T box then you will need powerline adaptors to set this up as the box cannot be set up without an internet connection.

If you can clarify which box you have we can then offer better advice 

Thank you.

0 Likes